What's new

Hexclad, what do you have to say

I use a Merten & Storck 8" carbon steel skillet to fry two eggs every morning before I head to work. I preheat the pan to 350 degrees, drop in some butter with canola oil, wait for it to stop sizzling, crack in the eggs, the only time I have sticking is when I over heat the pan, or don't let the pan get hot enough. Since the butter has canola oil in it, and all I use it for is eggs, I just wipe it out and put it up. The cast iron handle version is on sale on amazon right now.

I use a Merten & Storck 8" carbon steel skillet to fry two eggs every morning before I head to work. I preheat the pan to 350 degrees, drop in some butter with canola oil, wait for it to stop sizzling, crack in the eggs, the only time I have sticking is when I over heat the pan, or don't let the pan get hot enough. Since the butter has canola oil in it, and all I use it for is eggs, I just wipe it out and put it up. The cast iron handle version is on sale on amazon right now.
"the only time I have sticking is when I over heat the pan, or don't let the pan get hot enough"

That is a common problem people have, especially coming from Tfal or Teflon cookware.

People drop their food into it cold before the pan and oil are both hot. The food sticks and they blame the pan, when in fact, it's user error.

"the only time I have sticking is when I over heat the pan, or don't let the pan get hot enough"

That is a common problem people have, especially coming from Tfal or Teflon cookware.

People drop their food into it cold before the pan and oil are both hot. The food sticks and they blame the pan, when in fact, it's user error.
Another common issue is people confuse non stick to mean food simply won't stick, instead of will release at the correct temperature. Now that I have learned that, and bought an infrared thermometer, all my issues are patience related. Or attention related. I sometimes get sticking when I get distracted. 🤫

Thank you

Cook's Illustrated did a review of carbon steel pans a few years back. I think they put Matfer Bourgeat on top. I got one and I like it a lot more than my cast iron. Cast iron is just too heavy.

Top Bottom