What's new

Henson Razor Club.

Has anyone tried pairing the aluminum head with a heavier handle? I imagine with a washer to help protect the threads of the mixed metals. Curious what the experience would be. I think the Titanium is just to rich for my blood at the moment.

I too keep reaching for either the Ti (aggressive) or AL13 (medium) Hensons in my collection of over 40 razors (artisan, vintage, and current production razors from USA, Canada, Germany & China). I just finished a pass-around for the Yates 921, which is a fantastic shaving high quality razor for a reasonable price...but truth be told...the Hensons all out shave it! There are some exceptional high priced artisan razors out there, but I have yet to find one that can beat the Henson for shave quality and value. I will still use my other razors, just for the variety and fun...since this is one of my hobbies. I have found the Lord Platinum, Czech Tatra/Tiger Platinums and Lord Silver Stars are great alternates to the Astra blades and perform great in the Hensons.

I too keep reaching for either the Ti (aggressive) or AL13 (medium) Hensons in my collection of over 40 razors (artisan, vintage, and current production razors from USA, Canada, Germany & China). I just finished a pass-around for the Yates 921, which is a fantastic shaving high quality razor for a reasonable price...but truth be told...the Hensons all out shave it! There are some exceptional high priced artisan razors out there, but I have yet to find one that can beat the Henson for shave quality and value. I will still use my other razors, just for the variety and fun...since this is one of my hobbies. I have found the Lord Platinum, Czech Tatra/Tiger Platinums and Lord Silver Stars are great alternates to the Astra blades and perform great in the Hensons.

I agree with you about the Henson. I have been putting it up against my best razors and it either beats them or is equal in performance. My top tier performing (daily) razors are the Blackbird, Yates, 3one6, and Lupo 72. I find my Ti22 medium beats all but the 3one6 in comfort and closeness....as far as I can tell it's equal to the 3one6 which is a great performer for me. I'm kind of surprised about the Henson's performance, but it' no joke. I also find it the most fun to shave with for some reason and keep reaching for it most days. I really appreciate the design and tight tolerances. You can tell it's a very high quality piece of gear.

I used my Ti22 today after a bit of a rough shave yesterday with my Lupo. Ah, back to no irritation and a very close shave. This thing always amazes me with how well it performs.

As others have said, the AL 13 is an outstanding razor. The design employs a very tiny blade exposure coupled with a substantial gap. The small exposure and superb clamping yields remarkable blade rigidity. The result is a razor with very mild feel but excellent efficiency, which is my ideal. As noted, the tolerances are as good as any razor on the market, regardless of price. A great, innovative design, beautifully executed.

Extremely comfortable and efficient. Good looking, well designed and reasonably affordable. Wish they'd do one in SS, the Ti is a bit expensive.

Excellent design and construction. BBS from both mild and medium. Very light weight, which I like for head shaving. No blade feel from mild, a bit more "blade awareness" with the medium. I am very satisfied.

Check out the Henson Razor Club in Clubs and Brotherhoods forum. https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/henson-razor-club.593620/unread
How well does the mild shave for you for your headshaves?
I'm looking for a balance of mild/efficient razor for my headshaves.

The mild gets the job done on the dome, but I cannot feel the blade. The mild is fine on the face because I can look in the mirror. Head shaving is largely done blind, so I like the increased blade feel of the medium. I end up doing more buffing on the head with the mild. I very much prefer more aggression on the head for efficiency. I go 4-5 on the face with a Gillette Slim, but 7-8 on the head; Karve plate C on face, E on head. The aggression level of the Henson medium is not as high as those. It is a nice balance of light weight and milder aggression.

Last edited:
I didn't read this whole thread but it is now $70? It went up $30 in less than a year?
Yikes. Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed the price increase! I ran over to Pasteur and bought the last AL13 Medium for $49.99. It sucks to see these great razors get more expensive as they get more exposure (razor pun NOT intended!)

Yikes. Thanks for pointing that out, I hadn't noticed the price increase! I ran over to Pasteur and bought the last AL13 Medium for $49.99. It sucks to see these great razors get more expensive as they get more exposure (razor pun NOT intended!)
Louis Pasteur? 😄
Dont know what you mean.

just heard about the Henson yesterday, so it is not like I had been dying to get it. But when I heard about a brand new quality non zamak razor that shaves well for $40, I was
intrigued. For $70 I will pass.

How does it compare to an RR Lupo Aluminum, which is still $30?

thanks

I got both of mine when they were priced at $50. I believe I got an exceptional value at that price. I credit Badger & Blade discussions for helping me discover the Henson razor when it came to market.

It appears the cost of materials, tools and manufacturing cannot be supported at that price point. Henson announced the price change to the shaving community well in advance, and also honored the $50 price with a discount code for an extra month after the new pricing went into effect.

Top Bottom