What's new

HEMO Bakelite Excellence

A while back I acquired a very nice anonymous bakelite which turned out to be a HEMO from the 1930's:
Bakelite Razor ID Please

These British bakelites can be very aggressive but also smooth and manouverable and the HEMO is one of the very best I've used.

I'm now lucky to have acquired a full set and with a Gillette Spoiler in it the HEMO is great supersmart superefficient shaving.
Love it!
IMG_8612.JPG

IMG_8613.JPG
IMG_8614.JPG
IMG_8616.JPG
IMG_8617.JPG

Check out that guy doing the skin stretching on the box.
That's 1930's style shaving when straight razor techniques were still very much alive.

And why is it called HEMO?
I'm guessing it's a firm called HEnry MOrrison or something like that.

It's razors like this that make me fall in love with DE shaving all over again!
IMG_8615.JPG

A guy I worked with decades ago had a hemorrhoid problem one time, the fellas at work started calling him "hemo".

These Euro razors are difficult to trace without cerain markings. I found this on my Waits compendium but not much...

Screenshot_20170724-020134.png

So I acquired another HEMO set in even better condition and lured me back to DE shaving last night.

After a long period of shaving only with straights and shavettes, the HEMO reminded me that a good safety razor can also be a really great pleasure to use and of all the bakelites I've used it is definitely my favourite.
IMG_9226.JPG

More HEMO excellence tonight with a Personna 74, Lea stick and Timber Wolf brush:
54D5AFB3-8830-4805-8019-90739B956EEE.jpeg

This shave confirms that the HEMO is one of my favourite safety razors of all time for sure!

Top Bottom