What's new

Help with eclipse red ring

Very nice coated razors, @Dragonsbeard, absolutely love the red details on the grey, makes the red stand out, cool! :thumbup1:

When I had Chris Evatt and CAP overhaul two Slims I also asked Chris to do the numbering in red, looks awesome.

As regards the Red Ring I totally like the OP’s thinking on getting it light silver with red details. That way it gets to be a true hommage to the original chrome razor while still retaining som modern pizazz.

...Sigh, this inspires me (again) to go prowling for another Red Ring... Awesome enabling on you gentlemens part, if I ever saw one :punk:

Last edited:
Very nice coated razors, @Dragonsbeard, absolutely love the red details on the grey, makes the red stand out, cool! :thumbup1:

When I had Chris Evatt and CAP overhaul two Slims I also asked Chris to do the numbering in red, looks awesome.

As regards the Red Ring I totally like the OP’s thinking on getting it light silver with red details. That way it gets to be a true hommage to the original chrome razor while still retaining som modern pizazz.

...Sigh, this inspires me (again) to go prowling for another Red Ring... Awesome enabling on you gentlemens part, if I ever saw one :punk:

Thank you and hey it’s all about having some fun with this hobby we all share right!
So go get that Red Ring. :a17:

View attachment 853211 View attachment 853212 View attachment 853213 View attachment 853214 Here’s a Parker Variant and a NEW Deluxe Big Boy that Scott at North Shore did for me. On the NEW I had Scott use two colors and on the Parker we used two colors and highlighted with Red. I may do something similar to my Red Ring only with more Red detail. I like the combo because to me it’s not stock looking but
It a crazy color combo either so I thought you might like to take a look.

I really like what was done to the Variant. The red's a very nice touch.

I really like what was done to the Variant. The red's a very nice touch.
Thank you! I honestly can’t take all the credit Scott at North Shore made some suggestions so a joint effort. We both agreed the Variant needed a little dressing up but nothing to flashy.

Just bumping my old thread. I decided to get it replated in chrome. I'm pretty pleased with the results. It's so nice that now I don't want to shave with it!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Just bumping my old thread. I decided to get it replated in chrome. I'm pretty pleased with the results. It's so nice that now I don't want to shave with it!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Wow that did come out well. Very nice.

Wow, that looks great!
I’m tempted to get my Red Ring replated, the variant I have is a 3 piece with a chrome head and top of handle, but with silver in the bottom of the handle and dial.

Do like the idea of an all silver razor, but your chrome one looks amazing!

Chrome! I've been looking for someone who could do mine. Please tell us where it was done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Did You have a magnet in the handle? You left it in for plating?

I had to go and check, lol. Turns out yes there is a magnet and yet it was left in for plating.

Chrome! I've been looking for someone who could do mine. Please tell us where it was done.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

@tonich I sent it to restoredrazors.com

I believe he used to be on this forum a long time ago. The downside is that it is in NZ so shipping is expensive. I figured it would be worth it for this particular razor since they are a bit rare compared to most Gillettes

Restored Razor’s used to live in the UK and listed under ontonogan (Dave), I believe one of the first replaters and does a very nice job. In the same category as razor plate (Chris) Dave may,in fact, helped Chris get going at the start. 2 good people to work with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One thing you may not know or realize is that the Eclipse is a bit adjustable. The arrow at the base of the handle is there to help you consistently adjust the razor. I picked this one up in March and it is probably my second favorite razor to use. There is no red ring on the handle so I am not sure if it wore off or it did not come with one. It does have the Deco cap, but it is a bit faint. I thought about looking into replacing with rhodium but haven't pursued it. At $20 you scored big on a great shaver. Enjoy it my friend.
IMG_8900.jpg

IMG_8901.jpg

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Here's an old advertisement for the Eclipse Red Ring that I acquired a few years ago that talks about the features.

Eclipse Adv.jpg

It’s a great razor, one of my favourites, -mild yet efficient and so long as you don’t fork loose with the adjustment the blade is held nice and curved giving it great regitiy, which imho makes it exceptional ATG.

Top Bottom