What's new

Help make an amazing woman's day: Soap for mom's BD

So, it's almost one month until my amazing mom's birthday, and I think I'd like to get her a nice (reasonably priced) soap, since I recently converted her to using a brush and actual shaving soaps and creams, and she's loving it so far (still working on convincing her to try a DE).
I need to plan ahead though since I won't be in the country for her birthday once again (poor me), and so things I get for her will have to be ordered online and shipped home.

What I would like from you is to recommend some soaps you think would be a nice gift for an incredible woman. She's in her early 50's, and doesn't generally like OVERLY feminine/sweet scents. Flowery is fine as long as it's not sweet or overpowering (for example, a nice rose or lavender would be fine. She really loves the scent of the Speick cream I gave her when she visited me here in Germany). Vanilla/carmel/brown sugar type scents are ok to be in the soap as long as they're not the main, overpowering note, if that makes sense. She's also very outdoorsy, and loves scents like pine, cedar, and rosemary, though I know that a lot of the soaps that use these scents tend to smell quite masculine, which is also not her. But get creative with the suggestions! I won't rule out anything out just because it has a certain note to it, so if it's a good performing soap that has a great scent, feel free to recommend it regardless. :D

So let me know what your suggestions are! Please keep it in a semi-reasonable price range, after all I'm a poor grad student living abroad, and I would like to make sure I can pay my rent. It doesn't have to be cheap, per se (looking for something a little classier than Arko this time), but just don't break the bank. And if it's on the cheaper side, I could definitely get two different ones, or a soap and something else. Bonus points if it comes in a nice bowl or package, but honestly that is secondary, the presentation isn't a deal maker or deal breaker for me.

Thanks in advance for helping make the greatest woman I know have a nice birthday despite the fact that I won't be home to spend it with her. Take care!

Great son!

Rather than a soap, how about a nice shave cream like Trumper's coconut oil?
It lathers with the brush! Most women are familiar with coconut oil-based lotions and creams.

proxy.php

Great son!

Rather than a soap, how about a nice shave cream like Trumper's coconut oil?
It lathers with the brush! Most women are familiar with coconut oil-based lotions and creams.

proxy.php

Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I am also including shaving creams, though I think I'm leaning more towards a soap, simply because I've gotten her two creams to try already, and so I figured a soap would be nice to try since variety is the spice of life. :p
In regards to this specific cream though, is the coconut more of a "toasted" coconut smell, or more fresh? Checking because while she does like the toasted smell (we bake a lot), fresh or artificial coconut scent reminds her of suntan lotion, which she HATES. XD

I'm probably going to order some French Fine Lavender Shaving Soap from The Gentlemen's Quarter since that is the scent my wife liked best of some samples.

Thanks for the suggestion! Yes, I am also including shaving creams, though I think I'm leaning more towards a soap, simply because I've gotten her two creams to try already, and so I figured a soap would be nice to try since variety is the spice of life. :p
In regards to this specific cream though, is the coconut more of a "toasted" coconut smell, or more fresh? Checking because while she does like the toasted smell (we bake a lot), fresh or artificial coconut scent reminds her of suntan lotion, which she HATES. XD

Trumpers coconut scent is spot on to any regular coconut oil you would find in the store.
Why not get her a variety pack of travel size tubes?
Where are you in school?

My wife really enjoys Stirling soaps, as they have a fairly strong scent compared to others she has tried. She really liked the iced pineapple. They also have many other scents.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Trumpers coconut scent is spot on to any regular coconut oil you would find in the store.
Why not get her a variety pack of travel size tubes?
Where are you in school?

In Germany, my master's is in Bonn, but I am currently doing my thesis in Hamburg.

Great idea!

Haslinger’s has some options that you could consider, especially their sandalwood and aloe vera soap for women and marigold soaps. :a14::a14:

Declaration Grooming Yuzu/Rose/Patchouli and Mike’s Natural Rose, Patchouli & Cedarwood would both be excellent as long as she is not averse to Patchouli. Some of the other Mike’s soaps would be fine too and the scents are mostly unisex with the exception of Barbershop.

If all else fails, just remember that you can’t go wrong with citrus in the summer time. There are plenty of simple citrus scented soaps out there so just pick a good soap base and go with it.

Most of Ladydials favorite scents are no longer around but these are:

Trumpers Coconut (I hear Turtleship is even better)
ToBS Grapefruit (Wholly Kaw Pompelmo might be better)
B&M Tuesday
Trumpers Violet
Henri et Victoria La Poire Francaise

Top Bottom