What's new

Help keep me accountable!

Well this week I haven't been working out like I should, this week at home has been nuts! We are gearing up for our first full practice cook this weekend and it has taken a good chunk of our time. Tonight we play wiffleball and Sunday or Monday it will be back on it again working out. Though we have still been eating really well, aside from some pizza this past weekend. Both the wife and I are already starting to see a couple pounds lost. This morning I was 164. I also have had to tighten the belt up one notch this week and don't feel like I'm filling my shirts out as much, which the wife agreed I wasn't.

We are both still feeling really full all the time, I still feel a bit bloated but the wife doesn't anymore.

All in all, I think we are headed down the right road so far.

Well this week I haven't been working out like I should, this week at home has been nuts! We are gearing up for our first full practice cook this weekend and it has taken a good chunk of our time. Tonight we play wiffleball and Sunday or Monday it will be back on it again working out. Though we have still been eating really well, aside from some pizza this past weekend. Both the wife and I are already starting to see a couple pounds lost. This morning I was 164. I also have had to tighten the belt up one notch this week and don't feel like I'm filling my shirts out as much, which the wife agreed I wasn't.

We are both still feeling really full all the time, I still feel a bit bloated but the wife doesn't anymore.

All in all, I think we are headed down the right road so far.

Keep up the good work!! One trick I find that has helped me is to not worry about using exercise to meet my food goal. I try to plan my calorie intake not dependent of exercise. That way if I get exercise, it can be used to burn fat from my body, not maintaining my weight. My wife uses hers as an excuse to eat more that day. Results are that I lost 8 pounds in the last 2 weeks (lost 35 since start of my journey), and she lost 0 in the last 2 weeks, and 5 total. Hope that tip helps you towards your goal.

Last edited:
Kev, thanks for the inspiration! The wife and I are getting back on track tonight. We will be working out tonight, Thursday, Wiffleball Thursday night, and Saturday this week. I appreciate you checking in on me!

I will say that both the wife and I are feeling supper happy about changing our diet to be more along the lines of paleo. We both have more energy and have lost weight in fat already. We both have had not great weekends two weekends in a row and it takes until Wed to start feeling good again. This weekend we have committed to staying the course and next weekend as well. Starting the paleo style, I thought I wasn't going to be able to live without grain. It's so much easier than I could have ever thought! paleoplan.com has been a lifesaver for us, it creates shopping lists and gives you all the recipes for the week and the food is amazing. For instance this morning breakfast was a chicken breast cubed and scrambled with 2 eggs, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, half a bell pepper, quarter red onion, chopped cilantro on top with a sprinkling of cheese (non-paleo ingredient). It was amazing!

Kev, thanks for the inspiration! The wife and I are getting back on track tonight. We will be working out tonight, Thursday, Wiffleball Thursday night, and Saturday this week. I appreciate you checking in on me!

I will say that both the wife and I are feeling supper happy about changing our diet to be more along the lines of paleo. We both have more energy and have lost weight in fat already. We both have had not great weekends two weekends in a row and it takes until Wed to start feeling good again. This weekend we have committed to staying the course and next weekend as well. Starting the paleo style, I thought I wasn't going to be able to live without grain. It's so much easier than I could have ever thought! paleoplan.com has been a lifesaver for us, it creates shopping lists and gives you all the recipes for the week and the food is amazing. For instance this morning breakfast was a chicken breast cubed and scrambled with 2 eggs, chili powder, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, half a bell pepper, quarter red onion, chopped cilantro on top with a sprinkling of cheese (non-paleo ingredient). It was amazing!

If it works for you keep it up!

Work out Tues evening:

Warm up

Circuit x3
10 push ups
15 squats
0:15 plank

Work out last night:

Warm up

Circuit x3
10 inverted rows
20 lunges
10 close grip push ups
20 step ups
10 reverse crunches
0:30 jump rope

I love over these type of threads. I have no doubt that you will be successful as you indicated you are making lifestyle choices and changes.

. The wife is going along with this and we have started a Paleo diet, found a great website that helps with recipes and even gives you a shopping list for the week!

would you mind sharing the paleo website? I'd love to have some more reference/ reading material, as I have been considering tweaking my diet as well.

keep up the great work, Brian!

Paleo update! Ok so the wife and I are enjoying the Paleoish diet we are on, we have been on it for about three weeks now. Our bodies have adjusted, we are full all the time, have more energy than we have ever had before and arn't having the withdrawl symptoms of no grains. We were really good over the Easter weekend, not having any grains. Had hard boiled eggs for breakfast, omlets ham bacon sausage fruit for brunch, and salad hotdogs hamburgers (no buns) and topings for dinner!

Now, we both have decided we need to start eating slower and only eat until we are STARTING to feel full. We both are eating more than we currently need. We will also be working out more and doing cardio on the off days. We aren't at the point where we are ready to start lifting, still doing body weight work, but I can't wait to get there. We are both getting stronger and starting to feel like we have a bit more definition on muscles now.

Last night's workout:

Circuit x3
10 push ups
15 Squats
0:30 plank
0:30 Jumping jacks

I’m sure it was just fluctuation, but it made me feel good haha, I was 161.0 lbs this morning!

Thanks Kooze! Tonight I will be hitting the pool for a few mins (wish it could be longer) then home for dinner before going out for Wiffleball.

Well last night I hit the pool for the first time since almost January, then went out and played wiffleball (but I was beat from the pool!).

100m free
100m breast
100m flutter kick
100m side stroke
25m free
25m breast
25m flutter kick
25m side stroke

50m pool walk cool down

Total of 500m in about 20 mins, feel like that was slow, but swiming winds me more than any other cardio!

Well last night I hit the pool for the first time since almost January, then went out and played wiffleball (but I was beat from the pool!)- swimming winds me more than any other cardio!

Well done, Brian. Swimming is the best low-impact cardio you can do that still builds muscle. And you are correct- it's exhausting!

keep up the excellent work my friend.

This morning the wife and I started our morning workouts for the summer; gotta be able to enjoy all the beautiful weather in the evenings!

Warm up

Circuit x3
10 push ups
15 squats
0:35 plank
0:30 jumping jacks

Was 161.4 lbs this morning. Both the wife and I are starting to notice some results and are pleased!

This morning the wife and I started our morning workouts for the summer; gotta be able to enjoy all the beautiful weather in the evenings!

Warm up

Circuit x3
10 push ups
15 squats
0:35 plank
0:30 jumping jacks

Was 161.4 lbs this morning. Both the wife and I are starting to notice some results and are pleased!

What is plank?

This morning's workout

Warm up

Circuit x3
10 inverted rows (both the wife and I are getting much better at these!)
20 lunges
10 close grip push ups
20 step ups
10 reverse crunches
0:30 jump rope

Top Bottom