Help I identifying this DE Razor

27DED927-8881-44D3-953B-E745633C9955.jpeg
84D6734C-F201-4918-8837-03B3B2239C18.jpeg
C01B986A-F3F5-4756-BE87-395107E884A4.jpeg
77C290CA-A103-4DA0-8368-C1F0C9B0537F.jpeg
0BD7DD9F-AE56-4DD4-B62D-3AF779ED1111.jpeg
21267E40-58D2-4D7D-8969-A0606398BDDB.jpeg
Hi,
I would appreciate for any info on this DE Razor. This does not have any marks but looks vintage. I shave today with this razor loading a new Nacet blade. The shave was very close after three pass, WTG, ATG and XTG. I couldn’t ascertain the metal.
Hope someone would have come across this razor. Thanks for the help.

Im not saying it is without a doubt one of these, but it certainly is possible that its a ww2 german safety razor, soldiers were required to bring their own razors with them, but heres examples of what they had in Germany during the era and one closely matches yours.
proxy.php

Sent from my Redmi S2 using Tapatalk

View attachment 951664 View attachment 951665 View attachment 951666 View attachment 951667 View attachment 951668 View attachment 951669 Hi,
I would appreciate for any info on this DE Razor. This does not have any marks but looks vintage. I shave today with this razor loading a new Nacet blade. The shave was very close after three pass, WTG, ATG and XTG. I couldn’t ascertain the metal.
Hope someone would have come across this razor. Thanks for the help.
Would you ever consider re plating?

R

romsitsa

US. Looks like a Barbasol non-floating head or a very close clone. The handle is unknown to me.

Adam

Thanks all for sharing the details about the razor. It looks like the handle is steel but I am not sure about the head material. If it is zinc alloy or something. I don’t know whether we can replace this if it is zinc. Thanks again for all the information. This forum members are great!!

Thanks all for sharing the details about the razor. It looks like the handle is steel but I am not sure about the head material. If it is zinc alloy or something. I don’t know whether we can replace this if it is zinc. Thanks again for all the information. This forum members are great!!
Which country do you live in or did you get it from? This might help indicate where it originally came from since there's on markings on the razor.

I got it sometime back from eBay along with couple of other old razors. I live in US. Moreover I don’t know how much it would cost to replate it. Thanks. Venkat

I got it sometime back from eBay along with couple of other old razors. I live in US. Moreover I don’t know how much it would cost to replate it. Thanks. Venkat
3 piece razors are cheap to replate as long is its crome. Here in SA my dad has a friend that does plating so i can get mine done for free, but my razor that needs plating is a aristocrat with rhodium and he only does chrome so guess ill just live with it, i dont think id replate a butterfly razor anyway. Maybe my piccolo if it ever needed re plating in a few decades.

The man speaks! Long time, Porter, good to hear from you.

Good bet!! Thanks for the link Sir! :a14::a14:

Didnt expect to see that name when I clicked on this thread!

Thanks guys. I'm still around, just been busier at work for a long while and not keeping up with as many different networks as I used to. You can always bat-signal me in whenever you need. :batman: :lol:

Cheers! :thumbup1:

Yeah, I'd be surprised if the head wasn't a zinc alloy casting. It might complicate things to the point where the usual suspects may not want to deal with it, and you may find it's just cheaper to find another that's already in better condition if you don't mind the wait.

Hey Porter,
Seems to be the season for resurrections. Just poked my nose in the forums after responding to a PM. Seems that a lot of the old timers have evanesced. Good to see that you're still vertical.
Cheers, George

Top Bottom