What's new

Hello I'm new to site and need help

I have been de shaving for about 6 months and love it. My wife says I'm obsessed with it (maybe so). I have 3 brushes and about 15 soaps mostly samples. I have 1 omega boar (hate it) 2 Simpson Berkeley (love) classic 1 new (like) only used 2 times. Want something a little bigger I've been looking at chubby 1 best and tulip. I face lather I'm l
not good at bowl lathering. Pictures next to a Berkeley would be great thank you

Welcome!

I do not have a Berkely. My current collection includes a 56, 57, Duke 2, Classic 2 and Chubby 1. I also face lather hard soaps.

I suggest you decide whether you prefer your Berkeley or your classic. If you prefer the Berkeley, then consider a Duke or one of the fifty series. If you prefer the classic, then consider one of the chubby series. All terrific options IMO!

Last edited:
I am sure you will get some good advice here, but I think you will get more responses in the brush forum: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/7-Shaving-Brushes

If you want, we can move this thread, or you can start another if you prefer.

If I am dropping that much money on a brush ($50+) I am checking out Thater, Shavemac, Semogue, or a custom job from somebody like Rudy Vey. I've had 2 Simpson brushes, I PIFed one and kept one because it was PIFed to me, but I've had great luck with the above manufacturers.

I do like the classic but it has not bloomed yet will u post picture of classic2 by chubby 1 for size comparison. The classic 1&2 are very close in size I think. Thanks.

To clarify with the little experice I have I like dense brushes with backbone and soft tips. I don't like big & floppy. I don't think I'll spend over $200. I use stiring, mikes natural, mystic river & barrister &mann soaps.

Last edited:
Email Rudy and tell him what you like. He'll make you a masterpiece within your budget. Shavemac knot? No problem.

Thank you for moving it for me.

:thumbup1:

To clarify with the little experice I have I like dense brushes with backbone and soft tips. I don't like big & floppy. I don't think I'll spend over $200. I use stiring, mikes natural, mystic river & barrister &mann soaps.

Check out the shavemac 2 band silvertip and the D01. Two awesome knots with good backbone and soft tips. I've never used a D01, but it is supposed to set the bar for backbone when it comes to soft tips on a high end knot.

Thank you I'll check that out. Does any one have a tulip 3 and a Berkeley and compare size and face feel. Picks would be great. Thanks

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
A Chubby 1, Duke 2, Duke 3 and Classic 2 would be perfect companions for a face latherer. Among all these I'd go with a Chubby 1.

Those brushes you have are all in best badger if im not mistaken, (have a Duke 2 and love it). Have you thought about some of the simpsons in super badger. They can be expensive but with a budget of $200 max im sure you could find something that would suit you.

Duke 3 gets my vote but if you want to try synthetics, I would recommend Maggards 24mm. Fantastic heck of a brush. Love it.

Top Bottom