What's new

Hello from Portugal

Joined in Febuary, realized I naven´t intruduced myself to this great comunity yet. I was given a Bambaw safety razor for chistmas by my daughter. She also gave me some Lord platinum blades and I bought a cheap shaving cream at the local supermarket. I had never tried wet shaving before and liked it. After researching the subject and getting aquainted with the more common razors, I ordered a Edwin Jagger Kelvin from Amazon €17 delivered. While I was waiting for the EJ, I came across the Gillette KCG razor for €14 euro at a supermarket, too cheap to pass up and a cheap tech clone from a chinese store for €2.50 that yeilded a surprisingly nice shave. I had fallen down the rabbit hole. Next came the Aliexpress razors, a Baili BT131 that just arrived, not yet tested, but really nice for the price, a Yaqi top agressive slant head, a yaqi handle, a no name handle, a Haward feather/tech type razor, also not yet used. I´m waiting on a Ming Shi futur clone and a Yaqi flipside with a nice handle. From amazon came a FATIP OC piccolo and a FATIP FOCS. The FOCS may be the one I like the most so far. All these razors were bought for very reasonable prices, the aliexpress ones were dirt cheap, and were too good to pass up. I also have a Gillette OC and a very old Semogue brush, the serial on the razor nº dates it to 1917, I suspect that it belonged to my wife´s grandfather who served in France during WWI. Tried to use it once and it was very agressive, but now that my technique has improved, I might give it another shot. I think I may have contracted RAS, razor aquisition syndrom. Anyway I think this a great site and I´m glad I found it.

Welcome 👋

You should be set with razors now for a while. How about brushes and creams/soaps? Lots of good stuff comes from Portugal. I'm currently using a tube of Lavanda but Musgo and Mogno are also very good.

Welcome to B&B.
You have plenty of razors for a daily shave. Lucky for you Semogue brushes are made in Portugal.

Welcome 👋

You should be set with razors now for a while. How about brushes and creams/soaps? Lots of good stuff comes from Portugal. I'm currently using a tube of Lavanda but Musgo and Mogno are also very good.
I just recieved a Puck of Musgo soap yesterday and will order some Semogue brushes soon when I get an order that justifies the shipping fees. There is a quality brand named Couto that has a shaving cream a plan on trying.

Welcome to B&B.
You have plenty of razors for a daily shave. Lucky for you Semogue brushes are made in Portugal.
IMG_20220419_183725.jpg
I have Semogue brush that belonged either to my or my wife's grandfather. It must be decades old and I had no idea it was made in Portugal. It's still in good shape and the brush I use.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
Joined in Febuary, realized I naven´t intruduced myself to this great comunity yet. I was given a Bambaw safety razor for chistmas by my daughter. She also gave me some Lord platinum blades and I bought a cheap shaving cream at the local supermarket. I had never tried wet shaving before and liked it. After researching the subject and getting aquainted with the more common razors, I ordered a Edwin Jagger Kelvin from Amazon €17 delivered. While I was waiting for the EJ, I came across the Gillette KCG razor for €14 euro at a supermarket, too cheap to pass up and a cheap tech clone from a chinese store for €2.50 that yeilded a surprisingly nice shave. I had fallen down the rabbit hole. Next came the Aliexpress razors, a Baili BT131 that just arrived, not yet tested, but really nice for the price, a Yaqi top agressive slant head, a yaqi handle, a no name handle, a Haward feather/tech type razor, also not yet used. I´m waiting on a Ming Shi futur clone and a Yaqi flipside with a nice handle. From amazon came a FATIP OC piccolo and a FATIP FOCS. The FOCS may be the one I like the most so far. All these razors were bought for very reasonable prices, the aliexpress ones were dirt cheap, and were too good to pass up. I also have a Gillette OC and a very old Semogue brush, the serial on the razor nº dates it to 1917, I suspect that it belonged to my wife´s grandfather who served in France during WWI. Tried to use it once and it was very agressive, but now that my technique has improved, I might give it another shot. I think I may have contracted RAS, razor aquisition syndrom. Anyway I think this a great site and I´m glad I found it.

Welcome to Badger & Blade :)

WOW, looks like you've joined the forum, already with loads of experience! Many of those razors are the shiznit, please do enjoy them. Also, Semogue makes awesome brushes. When I was doing my research for a new brush, I had considered them, except the prices for what I wanted, were a bit too steep for me, so I ended up going with a Maseto Avatar 30 knott 56 loft Silver Tipped Badger brush.

Regarding my razors, I have a Feather AS-D2 and a Rex Ambassador, the one that I love the most, is the Rex Ambassador. I got a Captains Choice Cobalt lather bowl, and a Captains Choice Starry Night scuttle. And of course I got several soaps, but not near the amount that some people have on here lol. Enjoy your journey down the rabbit hole.

We are excellent enablers here, we have no issues helping you spend your money on the things you want. But I really appreciate newcomers who have already done their research, and or, have already had experience in the wet shaving hobby, before coming here. I didn't have near the amount of experience, actually the level was absolute 0 lol.

But these wonderful folks on Badger & Blade, helped me to find my way here, and you just can't put a price on that. These folks on here set the bar for what an absolute gentlemen should be. Anyways, again welcome, and please enjoy your time here at Badger & Blade! :)

I just recieved a Puck of Musgo soap yesterday and will order some Semogue brushes soon when I get an order that justifies the shipping fees. There is a quality brand named Couto that has a shaving cream a plan on trying.
I believe it is not totally clear if Couto is not a brushless cream. I remember people complaining that it doesn’t lather that well maybe it says so on the tube?

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia. Thank you for taking the time to check in with us and tell us something about yourself.

Top Bottom