What's new

Hello from Philippines!

Just a small introduction :)

I'm Pete a British expat living in Philippines. I have been wet shaving for a little over a month.

My first razor was the Parker SR1. It was on sale and i just wanted to dabble in shavette shaving as a break from cartridge razors and also something totally different from anything else i've done before. Took a few attempts to get the angle, but with lots of YouTube Vids out there it made is less difficult to learn.

Beginning of the week i purchased a Parker Variable Satin Chrome with looks great imo. Still getting use to it, but so far im really enjoying the experience. Some have YouTubers advised not to go for an Adjustable as a first DE, but i like to have options to choose the level of aggression than buy a fixed level where i might not like the experiece that particular razor gives me. I'm more than happy with making that choice.

Both razors came with Shark Blades. Not sure what it is with those but they just don't feel comfortable, so i tried out EuroMax Cryo Platinum blades and they feel really good. Haven't seen many reviews for them, but they are really cheap.

Also addedd a Parker Blue Wood Boar brush, mainly because it looked nice, but was pleased that it wasn't so unforgiving to my face. Lastly for the soap i got the Taconic Eucalyptue Mint
shaving soap. Really loving the scent of this soap.

Just a couple of piccys to share :D
image1.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg image1(1).jpeg

I'm happy with the products i have, but was curious to know if anyone knows a shave shop or similar in Philippines where i could get supplies when needed? A lot of the online stores stock exactly the same thing at exactly she same price, so variety is pretty slim.

Anyways. Thanks for taking the time to read my essey of an introduction.

Catch you soon.

Welcome to B&B.
I find online stores are the best source of supplies for DE shaving supplies; there almost no point in looking in the high street shops for these items.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Pete, thanks for checking in with us. Thanks for the photo's as well. We love our photo's.

Hey, Pete! I’m a fellow wetshaver and live in the Philippines. Have you found any stores or websites that sell wetshaving supplies here?

So far, I’ve only tried buying some TOBS creams from ebay, but the delivery time takes more than a month. Would love to know of any stores you can recommend. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, Pete! I’m a fellow wetshaver and live in the Philippines. Have you found any stores or websites that sell wetshaving supplies here?

So far, I’ve only tried buying some TOBS creams from ebay, but the delivery time takes more than a month. Would love to know of any stores you can recommend. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there!
I use John The Barbers Groomers mainly for supplies. They have a decent amount of stock and delivery usually takes 2-3 days when buying through Lazada.

Here’s a link to their site: John Barbers - Haircut | Grooming | Makati, Metro Manila - https://www.johnbarbers.com/

Another site I came across is Slickville Barbers. I’ve not purchased from them but they also have products on Lazada, and their delivery time will be more or less the same at 2-3 days.
I’ll add a link to their site:

The products I have purchased from John’s has been great and still going strong 12 or so months later. I can with confidence recommend their products.

if you are keen on US or European brands, they do become available on Lazada but you will pay a lot more. Try the local stores first and if you don’t find that they work for you, then look to broaden your reach to international sellers.

Hope that this is of some help to you. Have an awesome day.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Welcome Pete. That now makes three of us that I know of on B&B in the Philippines; myself (Cebu), you (?) and RyanOBF (Mindanao).

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
Just a small introduction :)

I'm Pete a British expat living in Philippines. I have been wet shaving for a little over a month.

My first razor was the Parker SR1. It was on sale and i just wanted to dabble in shavette shaving as a break from cartridge razors and also something totally different from anything else i've done before. Took a few attempts to get the angle, but with lots of YouTube Vids out there it made is less difficult to learn.

Beginning of the week i purchased a Parker Variable Satin Chrome with looks great imo. Still getting use to it, but so far im really enjoying the experience. Some have YouTubers advised not to go for an Adjustable as a first DE, but i like to have options to choose the level of aggression than buy a fixed level where i might not like the experiece that particular razor gives me. I'm more than happy with making that choice.

Both razors came with Shark Blades. Not sure what it is with those but they just don't feel comfortable, so i tried out EuroMax Cryo Platinum blades and they feel really good. Haven't seen many reviews for them, but they are really cheap.

Also addedd a Parker Blue Wood Boar brush, mainly because it looked nice, but was pleased that it wasn't so unforgiving to my face. Lastly for the soap i got the Taconic Eucalyptue Mint
shaving soap. Really loving the scent of this soap.

Just a couple of piccys to share :D
View attachment 1000101 View attachment 1000102 View attachment 1000103 View attachment 1000105

I'm happy with the products i have, but was curious to know if anyone knows a shave shop or similar in Philippines where i could get supplies when needed? A lot of the online stores stock exactly the same thing at exactly she same price, so variety is pretty slim.

Anyways. Thanks for taking the time to read my essey of an introduction.

Catch you soon.
Welcome and be sure to visit the Straight Razor forum. The Parker SR1 is my favorite shavette. I have found Derby blades the most comfortable for me. They also come in pre-cut half blades. If you can find them, give them a go. Also they are quite inexpensive.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Breading like rabbits. That now makes four of us on B&B in the Philippines; myself (Cebu), BloodyPete (?), RyanOBF (Mindanao) and lloydw (Manila).

Hi all, lloyd
I hope you guys are doing well, safely stowed away!

at least I have had time to overhaul my honing skills!

Top Bottom