What's new

Hello B&B

Just Started "wet shaving" this week and am on shave #2, My first was with a Zomchi I got off Amazon for 20. It was loaded with a Zomchi blade and I was smitten, I had the best shave ever! So like a complete newbie I ran out and bought a scythe straight razor an loaded it with the same manufacturer's blade and tore my face up nice and proper like... ugh. So back to the DE shaver I ran! I did however buy an Emperor from Vikings blade but it is an adjustable and need some advise with it.

What blade would be best for an adjustable? I currently have the following blades;
  • Astra SP
  • Derby Extra SS
  • Voskhod
  • Feather
  • Gillette Platinum
  • Shark
  • Sharp blue
  • LOI titanium
  • BossMan brand
  • Zomchi brand
I have been watching my stubble come in like watching grass grow, I never thought I would wand my hair to grow back this badly.

Just Started "wet shaving" this week and am on shave #2, My first was with a Zomchi I got off Amazon for 20. It was loaded with a Zomchi blade and I was smitten, I had the best shave ever! So like a complete newbie I ran out and bought a scythe straight razor an loaded it with the same manufacturer's blade and tore my face up nice and proper like... ugh. So back to the DE shaver I ran! I did however buy an Emperor from Vikings blade but it is an adjustable and need some advise with it.

What blade would be best for an adjustable? I currently have the following blades;
  • Astra SP
  • Derby Extra SS
  • Voskhod
  • Feather
  • Gillette Platinum
  • Shark
  • Sharp blue
  • LOI titanium
  • BossMan brand
  • Zomchi brand
I have been watching my stubble come in like watching grass grow, I never thought I would wand my hair to grow back this badly.
Welcome to B&B and the world of wet shaving. I would tell you to match the blade to you’re face and skin not so much to the DE razor. You can buy a blade sample pack from several vendors online which will give you the opportunity to try blades from many different manufacturers.
A straight is a whole new beast compared to a DE. Feel comfortable with one before you take on another.
Remember whichever one you use ..... light pressure is your friend. Let the weight of the razor and blade do the work.

Messygoon

Abandoned By Gypsies.
Quick Answer: The Astra SP is a fav, the Shark too, although not as long lived.

Long Answer: It’s not so much a match to your adjustable, as it is what works best for your face and technique. Have fun trying them all, then please share your thoughts with our fraternity.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
.... I have been watching my stubble come in like watching grass grow, I never thought I would wand my hair to grow back this badly.
After much research and extensive scientific experimentation, some of us on B&B have found that the following might help.

Make up a paste of fresh goat's manure mixed with frigid saltwater. Apply as a face mask each evening and leave on overnight. Use fermented salami paste as an after-shave balm rubbing it well into your skin and do not rinse off.

😊

After much research and extensive scientific experimentation, some of us on B&B have found that the following might help.

Make up a paste of fresh goat's manure mixed with frigid saltwater. Apply as a face mask each evening and leave on overnight. Use fermented salami paste as an after-shave balm rubbing it well into your skin and do not rinse off.

😊
does the goat's genealogical background matter?

Greetings and salutations!

One of the most important terms you will encounter here is the acronym YMMV - Your Mileage May Vary. This applies to almost everything, including soaps, blades, brushes and more. You need to find out which blade is best for you at this point in time. And be aware that your blade preference will probably change over time with experience (improvements in technique), age and new razors.

Usually people use two dimensions to characterize blades, sharpness and smoothness. Voskhod and Derby are very smooth but not particularly sharp (IMO, YMMV). The Feathers are very sharp and comfy (but will cut your face to pieces if your technique is bad). Shark, Gillette and Astra SP are more in the middle of the road for me. The Astra SP is probably the most popular go-to blade (again IMO, YMMV)

Also be aware that people are a mad here. For real. With that said, welcome to the rabbit hole.

“But I don’t want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked.
“Oh, you can’t help that,” said the Cat: “we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad.”
“How do you know I’m mad?” said Alice.
“You must be,” said the Cat, “or you wouldn’t have come here.”

Last edited:
Top Bottom