What's new

Heirloom Aristocrat arrived today!

What's that sound I hear? Is it really the sound of thousands of razorholics drooling all over their keyboards?

Yeah, I thought it was.

Nice!

@texbilly - Very interesting. Was the Parat made exclusively in Germany? Only reason I ask is the case is marked Made in England. I'm pretty sure the reason the razor was in the case it's in now is that if it were that full presentation set shown in the pictures, I'm afraid my heart might have stopped. :D

I'm actually interested in BrianDiPalma's question, myself. Were the No66 only made in the two years?

The Parat was made in Germany (the case says "Made in Germany", no "Made in..." on the razor) and in England (the case and the razor says "Made in England")

The #66 comes in 1953 with Patent Pending inside the head. Since 1955 to the early 60s he comes with Patent 694 093 inside the head.

The #66 comes in 1953 with Patent Pending inside the head. Since 1955 to the early 60s he comes with Patent 694 093 inside the head.

So, if it has "Patent Pending," it could have been made in 1954? If so, then I think I just found a razor that I could claim as being from the same year my father was born. :001_smile

WOW WOW WOW :w00t:!! Those pictures do not do that razor justice...I bet in person it looks even better. Congrats to your find :thumbup1:

i'm all for un-NOS-ing NOS razors. they were meant to be used! instead of keeping it unused for the rest of your life, i think it's just as neat that you can claim you are the first person to use this particular piece of 50 some year old technology.

The Parat was made in Germany (the case says "Made in Germany", no "Made in..." on the razor) and in England (the case and the razor says "Made in England")

Thanks for the great info. The razor does indeed have Brit. Pat. 694093 stamped inside the head, along with Gillette / Made in England on the underside. On the underside there is also a tiny 11 stamped on the baseplate next to the handle.

I'm amazed at the knowledge in this group!

Thanks for the great info. The razor does indeed have Brit. Pat. 694093 stamped inside the head, along with Gillette / Made in England on the underside.....

Jay,

Could you post a picture looking into the open doors? That's the way to tell whether you have a #66 or a #16.

I believe that the Parat was made in England but for the German Market. Gillette England also made razors for the French market too.

Hope this helps

@texbilly - Very interesting. Was the Parat made exclusively in Germany? Only reason I ask is the case is marked Made in England. I'm pretty sure the reason the razor was in the case it's in now is that if it were that full presentation set shown in the pictures, I'm afraid my heart might have stopped. :D

I'm actually interested in BrianDiPalma's question, myself. Were the No66 only made in the two years?

I believe that the Parat was made in England but for the German Market. Gillette England also made razors for the French market too.

Hope this helps

He was made in Germany too. Here are some pictures from the Berlin plant end 50s early 60s:

proxy.php

proxy.php

It's great when something small and unique as this has been treasured by someone in the family for others to enjoy at a later time!

Top Bottom