What's new

Have some QED Shaving Sticks?

Scotto and Ron, Thanks for the tips; i have never lathered with a bowl when a shave stick is the source; i will try it. How do you guys compare the lather produced by clear glycerine soaps to the tallow based soaps of say a Floris or a T&H?
Thanks, Mahesh

Mahesh, in all honesty, the lathers I can achieve with creams, tallow-based soaps, and glycerin soaps are not all that different. How one achieves that state on those three options, is quite different, however. If I were forced to differentiate, I would say that the glycerin soaps tend to produce a lather which is slightly more airy and light compared to a tallow-based soap. The T&H, Floris, Harris, etc. soaps create a lather which is, dare I say, unctuous? All provide tons of lubrication and superlative shaves, if one is up to the task of mastering them.

Scotto, Unctuous huh:eek: ? Fatty and oily was the dictionary's definition. Damn, perfect word, and how often do you get to use that word?
Regards, Mahesh

Gentlemen,
Had a chat with Charles of QED and if all things work appropriately next week there should be jars of the following QED scents:
  • Anise & Lavender
  • Badger & Blade
  • Bay Rum
  • Bergamot
  • Frankincense & Myrrh
  • Fresh Lime
  • Grapefruit & Peppermint
  • Lavender
  • Patchouli, Tea Tree, Peppermint
  • Peppermint
  • Pine & Cedarwood
  • Rose Geranium
  • Sandalwood
  • Special 218
  • Tangerine & Spearmint
  • Wild Orange
Note: Those fragrances underlined were already available in jars.

I recently purchased the pine and cedarwood stick and it does not agree with me. I am willing to part with this shave stick if someone wants it.

Clark

Hi Clark -

I was just getting ready to order a Pine & Cedarwood stick. I'd love to have it (if the offer's still on the table)!

HlSheppard said:
Hi Clark -

I was just getting ready to order a Pine & Cedarwood stick. I'd love to have it (if the offer's still on the table)!

I have never sent anything so tell me the best way to get it to you. it was used 2X

Ron and others,

Thanks for your help. I am enjoying my Bay Rum, Tangerine/Spearment, and P/T/P. How would you describe the Anise Lavender? I am having a hard time thinking how that would be..

Thanks

Top Bottom