What's new

Shaving sticks in Australia

I would like to share the 2 places I have discovered where I now buy my shaving sticks from:

- Excellent soft glycerin shaving stick, $5 per stick or $10 with a push up holder. http://www.dessyre.com.au

Provides a veeeeerrrryyyy dense lather indeed, I love using this stick!! Sticks are Made-To-Order! Following essential oils to choose from:

Basil, Bergamot, Black Pepper, Cajeput, Chamomile, Cedarwood, Clary Sage, Clove, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Frankincense, Geranium, Ginger, Grapefruit, Hyssop, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lime, Majoram Melissa/Lemonbalm, Myrrh, Neroli Orange, Patchouli, Peppermint, PetitGrain, Pine, Rose, Rosemary, Sage, Sandalwood, Tea Tree, Thyme - various, Vetiver, Ylang Ylang.

(I got 2 of her lemon, lime and lemongrass and next 2 sticks on order are Sandalwood and Juniper which will be followed by vetiver and pine sticks)

- Hemp seed oil with spearmint scent shaving stick, $4 per stick: http://www.marijuanamoisture.com.au

Provides a very nice lather, comfortable and close shave.

I find both these suppliers to provide top quality products which I look forward to using everyday!!

Nav thanks for sharing. Can you give us more info on them( quality, shipping costs,how long do they last, etc)?

Rocco

Nav thanks for sharing. Can you give us more info on them( quality, shipping costs,how long do they last, etc)?

Rocco

Hi Rocco,

Shipping for dessyre is actually included in price of the stick. Although to make it fair on the supplier, I would never order just one refill as that leaves no profit for them, a minimum of 2 sticks would be fair but they have so many scents to choose from, I am going to order 4 in my next order!

Also, I know B&B'ers are die hard brush users but dessyre can actually be used brushless, even the supplier states this. I tried it and it worked fine. When I go on holidays, im not taking my brush with me but for everyday, I love using my brushes.

Shipping for marijuanamoisture stick is $6 so I ordered 2 and next time ill order 3 but at this stage, it looks like both the sticks are gonna last quite a while, I would guess and say I am expecting about 100 shaves for each stick, which I consider super value...but this is a guess at this stage.

Quality, well...I am having the best shaves in my 10 years of shaving. I started with goo in a can then moved to aloe lotion then moved to shaving oils, I thought this was a god send but it wasn't appropriate for my coarse'ish beard). Then I found B&B and bought a soap which was really good and I started reading more and got very interested in shaving sticks and ordered the 2 I am using and now I think im set.

The marijuana one gives a slightly closer shave than dessyre but dessyre is slightly more comfortable...so dessyre is my daily and marijuana is when I need to have a longer lasting shave (e.g. going out after work or late meetings).

Hope this helps.

I called dessyre and was told shipping is about $10 extra and the only scent they have is lemon myrtle...

I called dessyre and was told shipping is about $10 extra and the only scent they have is lemon myrtle...

Really? Thats not what I was advised. The list of scents in my original post are what they emailed to me to choose from.

With shipping, I admit this may be my fault for misreading their email. I think they included shipping in my first order as I ordered a couple for myself and a friend to trial so they might have absorbed the shipping cost for that order.

Ill confirm with them but even if there is a shipping charge, I personally will still be ordering from them, I find it to be a quality product.

I recieved an email from dessyre. Here is a direct quote from the email;

The first stick comes in a holder and with a free refill for $10, postage is
included. Refills are $5 each postage included.

I think this has cleared things up.

I recieved an email from dessyre. Here is a direct quote from the email;

The first stick comes in a holder and with a free refill for $10, postage is
included. Refills are $5 each postage included.

I think this has cleared things up.

Great deal isnt it? :thumbup1:

I used it brushless again today with great results!

How does it lather up with a brush?

I have used the stick 6 times now, only twice brushless. With a brush it is very dense and slick. Brushless it is not as dense and not as slick but for travel purposes, still performs well...I prefer it with a brush for everyday though. It worked well with both best and pure badger.

Top Bottom