What's new

Australian Shaving Soap Compendium

I figured that I would have to do at least one non-European compendium, so I present the Australian Shaving Soap Compendium:
A-dorius Lemon Myrtle & Lime Shaving Soap
Body Temple Smooth Shave Soap (Eucalyptus, Lemon and Patchouli)
Bonny Beach Plantation (Lemon-scented Tea Tree Shaving Soap)
Corrynne's Shaving Soap
Dessyre (Lemon Myrtle Shave Stick)
Est Olive Oil Shaving Soap
Finding Yoga Shaving Soap
JB Care Shaving Soap (Ylang ylang, Patchouli, Orange, Lavender, Sandalwood and Jasmine)
Marijuana Moisture (Hemp Shaving Stick)
Mokosh Natural Shaving Soap (Cedarwood, Geranium and Patchouli)
Moonhaven (Sandalwood Shaving Soap)
Ned Kelly Shaving Soap
Organic Earth Hemp Shaving Soap
Outbackpampering Shaving Soap (Cypress, Grapefruit, Lavender and Lemon)
Paper Travel Soaps Shaving Soap
Pure Sensations (Cedarwood & Bergamot, Peppermint & Hemp, Sandalwood and Tea Tree & Avocado varieties.)
Redgum Castille Shaving Soap
Sanctum Cocoa Butter Shave Bar
Soap 'n' Scents Men Only Shaving Soap
Caroline Taylor Cedarwood Shave Bar
Wild Walnut Bay Rum Shaving Soap
Windsor Shaving Soap (Fragrance smells just like Hugo by Hugo Boss)
Wunday Naturals (Lime, Lemon Myrtle and Lavender Shaving Soap)
Yens Bay Natural Soaps French Clay Shaving Soap

Alex, your recent effort is extraordinary! thank you.

No thanks needed, I like to enable others; it makes my addiction look less severe than it really is.
I'm rearranging all the oddball soaps that I have left into one group,so look for my Rest of the World compendium in the next couple of days.

Ned Kelly Shaving Soap

Let's just hope the man himself didn't use it.

proxy.php

Thanks for the list by the way, makes me long for my hometown of Adelaide.

This list is mind boggling. Limes, lemons and grapefruits. Myrtle, Mint, eucalyptus and patchoulli. Extraordinary. I have not heard of a single one of these. It would be worth it to go to the other side of the world and shave our way through this extraordinary land. (And drink some savignon blanc along the way!) Alex, you are heroic.

Windsor Shaving Soap (Fragrance smells just like Hugo by Hugo Boss)

i was wondering what the fragrance of this soap smelt like. it has been plaguing me since i brought it. also i am Australian and didn't know most of these soaps existed. i am so ashamed of myself.....

I don't know of any suppliers for these products in the Western Hemisphere, I have always ordered direct from the manufacturers or suppliers in Australia. Given how low the value of the pound has sunk in comparison to the Euro, it is atually much cheaper to get things shipped from Australia than it is from continental Europe.
That being said, low-value pound or not, I have always found that Australian companies seem to have very reasonable shipping charges on the whole anyway.
Hope this helps.

I ordered a couple of the hemp shaving sticks from Marijuana Moisture. They showed up today. The scent is interesting -- a bit minty.

Will report back after I've used them. And thanks for the exhaustive compendium!

Not the most obvious choice for a shaving soap endorsement is he?
The soap is sold by a Ned Kelly themed restaurant http://www.nedkellys.com.au/souveniers.html I have no idea how good it will be, but nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

Haha. True. Ned might not have use it or a razor, but in the end someone used it on him.
proxy.php
Ned's Death Mask. In Australia this was done with all big time outlaws. Why? Phrenology was an emerging 'science' back then.

You'll not find any in the department stores/supermarkets (well I haven't seen them).
AJS..stellar contribution to B&B. :a14: Now how on earth are you going to review all of these? :lol:

You'll not find any in the department stores/supermarkets (well I haven't seen them).
AJS..stellar contribution to B&B. :a14: Now how on earth are you going to review all of these? :lol:

I'll follow the guidelines layed down for method shavers. By splitting my face into quadrants and using a different soap on each one, that's four soaps per pass and twelve soaps per three pass shave.

Oh. That will help things along. Cheers Alex. I sense the only AD i feel at risk of is soaps/creams. Perhaps an AS splash. Thank goodness I don't have it for anything else.

Oh. That will help things along. Cheers Alex. I sense the only AD i feel at risk of is soaps/creams. Perhaps an AS splash. Thank goodness I don't have it for anything else.

Oh, you didn't before but NOW you will since you just jinxed yourself. :biggrin:

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I ordered a couple of the hemp shaving sticks from Marijuana Moisture. They showed up today. The scent is interesting -- a bit minty.

Will report back after I've used them. And thanks for the exhaustive compendium!

Evbo left his home in Tucson Arizona for some California grass. Get Back!

If after shaving with the hemp sticks, you feel the need to go to Papaya Dog, we'll know they work. :biggrin:

Top Bottom