What's new

Australian Shaving Soap Compendium

Or this in the back seat of your car
proxy.php

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Just found this thread and decided to revive it... No, I think it's a very good thread and I didn't know that Oz had that many soaps. Now, thank you, SCAD/SSAD will kick again... So far, I was able to try the Windsor shaving soap only, I found it in a small pharmacy in Melbourne CBD...

Last edited:
they forgot some soaps,

VB from the house of Warne
XXXX by Wall e Lewis.
Fosters by Hoges
Toohey's New by Booney. This one is in short supply and hard to get as the namesake has drunk most of the secret ingredient.

All great fragrances and well know by the aussies.

wasn't it great to see so many aussie's contribute to the post? we couldn't be stuffed getting up to open the door let alone put 2 words together. ahh, life in aus.

Awesome stuff.Considering how much in proximity Malaysia is to OZ, I might just order some stuff. The Windsor Shaving Soap sounds interesting. Bookmarked.

I've put the link for this in the "Great Southern Land" social group. You can get there by clicking my signature. I need a stick. Was going to either try Speick, or mill one of C&E Soaps, but I think instead I will go for lemon myrtle (very aussie bush scent)

edit: change of mind, and feedback from Powerhammer..(TY)..going for the other stick at this time.

Last edited:

Luc

Staff member
Thanks again Alex - I've added the vendors websites when I found them. They can be found in this post

Luc

Staff member
No worries, stay tuned for the next soap split! :biggrin:

Luc

Staff member
Will do! I found somewhere to get what we discussed yesterday... however, I think there will be a soap split #2 and #3 as it might be too much to do it in one shot! :lol:

I have to wait a couple of months anyways... I just received some more goodies in the mail 10 mins ago... :lol:

Luc

Staff member
Hi guys, anyone used the EST olive soap yet, or Corrynne's ?

if so is there a review ?

I did not try those. I wouldn't expect much from a soap with an olive oil base. They don't lather well usually. For Corrynne's, it might be good or not. I did a soap split with Australian soaps a while back but we didn't try that one. There must be something good out there but most soaps had to be overcharged on the brush to get decent lather...

Hi luc, I have been using the tub of proraso aloe & green tea, very well so far, have also used the traditional green one as well, I ahve ordered a tub of Cella should be here late this week, my first attempt at a tallow soap, any others you would recommend I try ?

Luc

Staff member
Hi luc, I have been using the tub of proraso aloe & green tea, very well so far, have also used the traditional green one as well, I ahve ordered a tub of Cella should be here late this week, my first attempt at a tallow soap, any others you would recommend I try ?

Every soap or cream that you can get you hands on :biggrin:

Proraso is great. If you like it, you would probably like Omega, they are not the exact same but close. Ingrams is another good cream. Surprisingly, Palmolive shave cream that you can find in most pharmacies/supermarkets is pretty good. Staying with soaps, Tabac and MWF are also great.

You could always try the usual TOBS, Geo F. Trumper and Truefitt & Hill...

If you want an Australian soap, Windsor shaving soap is all right and provide good lather. There's a pharmacy or chemist that sells it in Melbourne CBD...

Just found this thread and decided to revive it... No, I think it's a very good thread and I didn't know that Oz had that many soaps. Now, thank you, SCAD/SSAD will kick again... So far, I was able to try the Windsor shaving soap only, I found it in a small pharmacy in Melbourne CBD...

Luc is the Windsor soap worth trying?

Luc

Staff member
Luc is the Windsor soap worth trying?

For how much it costs I would say yes (I think it was around $9 at Creedman pharmacy in Melbourne's CBD). It lathered well but I wasn't a fan of the scent.

I can recommend the Bohena range from Narrabri in north-western NSW. It's olive oil-based and the shave soap can be used as a shampoo. The olive oil spray is a must post-shave and the moisturiser is so good my wife is using it too.

Top Bottom