What's new

Have any gents backed mass-produced soaps after trying some artisan ones like me?

an island thing was always buy local support local
as a small business owner I can relate to the post by alphafrank75 above and others incl the buy from them direct

also found about WSP local to me going to have to go try them out now :) sounds like they make nice stuff and have a small showroom which for me is HUGE to smell the stuff first also amazed they have a 30 day money back on soaps :) very cool

Prefer hard soap vs croapies and not able to use super fatty, oily, buttery, waxy shave soaps which refuse to rinse clean. Very few artisans pick that low hanging fruit. They sell all the limited edition Beta XXX.XX superfatty croaps they make so it's all good IMO. Just not my thing. Euro Sticks, and few NA artisans have earned a place in inventory. Oh and Williams of course! YMMV!

Last edited:
I have tried some artisan soaps, and while some were okay/good, none beat the mass produced ones.
My main soaps are Tabac, Proraso, GFT, Truefitt & Hill, Arko, TOBS, they all work great for me.

I like and use both artisan and the mass produced stuff. Though, i've tried a bunch of different artisans early on and have really narrowed it down to 1 or 2 that i continue to support for various reasons. Otherwise, i'd be perfectly content to have Arko and Tabac every day.

Top Bottom