What's new

Hats off to RazoRock

So you guys that have both the GC .68 OC and the lupo which one do you like best? Which one works best for you? I have been debating getting a new RR razor and it is a toss up between the two. I really want to see a lupo with an OC but alas not an option yet. Maybe they will come out with an OC for the Lupo?
It’s difficult to pick a winner. Lupo 72 has more blade feel and is more nimble around nose and ears. Game Changer 68 OC feels less like likely to bite. It’s heavier and a more relaxed shave. If I did not want the precision in spots under and around my nostrils I’d go for the 68 OC as my everyday option. It’s the one I use more lately.

I was impressed with their German 37 Slant, it's a very good razor. The Wunderbar, however, is a simply exceptional one. The near perfect combination of smooth and ruthlessly efficient. It's a little pricier than their other razors, but it performs like a razor three times it's price.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
They are nice for sure. I bought my BIL a Gamechanger .68 several years ago. It's easily 3/4 what a Feather AS-D2 is. I preferred the feather because it was smaller and sleeker.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
I only own the Game Changer 68P, but LOVE it wholeheartedly... :001_wub:
I think it is one of the best. It's very similar to a Feather AS-D2. Given than you like the Gillette Heritage, I am sure you would like the .68. I bought one for my BIL for Christmas a few years ago. Its been fun keeping him stocked with blades and soap.

I know I told you previously the DE89/Gillette Heritage was a bit mild for me, but I've acquiesced. I've upped my technique and get to the same finish line with the Heritage, AS/D2, Muhle R41, Rex Envoy, Fatip Gentile. If I stop at one pass they are all different. But after a two pass WTG/ATG they are very very similar. They don't feel the same during the shave, but the end result is the same.

My Heritage is what I pack on a trip because it has such a nice case.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
DE SOTD Feb24th 2022

Razor: Razorock 2nd Generation Lupo.72-Mfg2021> excellent mid range, excellent design + 316 stainless, excellent clamping + great for under the nose area + I get close comfortable shaves with this razor mostly.
Blade: Feather(3) Very sharp, light touch will give great results. Good blade for mild razors possibly.
Soap: Razorock Santa Maria Del Fiore, nice mild vanilla tobacco scent with excellent lather qualities.
Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24mm synthetic, first real great brush I owned and have used it a lot over the years.
Pre shave: Brush wash whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on the cleaned beard area.
Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 2 + pickups.
Post shave: Razorock Santa Maria del Fiore splash with witch hazel + a dollop of CeraVe moisturizing lotion + scentless.
Results: 10 /10 or CCS,DFS,BBS + minor irritation + no weepers= :a17:excellent shave with my RR Lupo.72 with a Feather blade.
SOTD Feb 24 2022.jpg

Have some great shaves!

I have several RazoRock razors, including the Game Changer .68 and .84, and as many here have said, they are great values. I also have a RR synthetic brush that has been fantastic for years and at least a thousand shaves at this point. As for my susceptibility to status symbols, yes, it would be fun to drive down the street in a Lamborghini while people looked on enviously. But when I'm alone in my bathroom putting a sharp blade against my face, my first priority is not making strangers envious. OK, it would be nice if passers by on the street said, "Look at that guy's great shave!" But I suppose I shouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

I stumbled into a SLOC after reading a review here and now I’m on number 3 with a old type and who knows what else on the way… I’m a fan.

Reactions: Kix
Hello Marco,

How does the Razorock Game Changer 68P compare to the Merkur 34C that you used for so long?

I have used a Merkur 34C for 18 years and am looking for a similar razor but made of stainless steel.

Thanks,
Mike

I only own the Game Changer 68P, but LOVE it wholeheartedly... :001_wub:

I have been using the 34C for over 26 years and have not found any upgrade yet...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hello Marco,

How does the Razorock Game Changer 68P compare to the Merkur 34C that you used for so long?

I have used a Merkur 34C for 18 years and am looking for a similar razor but made of stainless steel.

Thanks,
Mike
The Game Changer 68P is ever so slightly milder and equally efficient IMHO. If you love the 34C, you'll most likely love this one as well. I therefore suggest getting the 68P without any hesitation, Sir.

Which handle did you get with the RR GC and how is the weight/balance compared to the Merkur 34c?

Thanks,
Mike

The Game Changer 68P is ever so slightly milder and equally efficient IMHO. If you love the 34C, you'll most likely love this one as well. I therefore suggest getting the 68P without any hesitation, Sir.

Are there any other razors that you have used that would be similar to the RR GC and Merkur 34C?

I'm not sure if you've ruled it out, but the Rockwell 6S or 6C with R5 plate (0.69mm) is very like the GC.68, and steered me toward getting it. The GC feels more like R4 (0.61mm) which is no bad thing.

I still use both of them, and the Rockwell is pretty close to idiot-proof; use that on R4 if you need an autopilot shave with no cuts.

The fatter head resulting from dual-side plates is a bit less agile, but there's not that much difference, the GC is just a bit prettier, and better under the nose.

Both of them benefited from a lighter handle, but that's just my opinion. Choose your own dream handle, and don't get locked into using the (too heavy, too light) default.

Last edited:

Dave himself

Wee Words of Wisdom
I just used my first RR product yesterday and was very impressed. It was their Caribbean Holiday soap and aftersplash I thought at the price I got it for it would be ok but nothing to write home about how wrong was I. Beautiful scent and easy to lather with good residential slickness and the scent lingered all day but not in a bad way just in the background. I was so impressed I have a tub and aftersplash of Nomad on route. I'm definitely a fan I my even try a few of their razors next my only regret is I didn't try these soaps sooner.

Reactions: Kix
Top Bottom