What's new

Hat of the Day!

IMG_9095.jpeg

My first Panama. Did quite a bit of research, couldn't afford high end but didn't want Shantung (paper) straw either. This one seems a pretty good choice. Good fit and nice C crown too. Did a little steam work when it arrived (the shippers tried to kill the box but it survived), and found that a wire in the brim really helps with the snap up/down. After only owning fur felt, I'm almost scared to touch this hat haha but it actually seems pretty durable. Feeling pretty blessed to be able to obtain a nice hat like this! The cool weather is still hanging on here in NC but it'll be lovely to wear this with linen suits to Church soon.
1712683078905.png

1712683289419.png

1712683368547.png

My first Panama. Did quite a bit of research, couldn't afford high end but didn't want Shantung (paper) straw either. This one seems a pretty good choice. Good fit and nice C crown too. Did a little steam work when it arrived (the shippers tried to kill the box but it survived), and found that a wire in the brim really helps with the snap up/down. After only owning fur felt, I'm almost scared to touch this hat haha but it actually seems pretty durable. Feeling pretty blessed to be able to obtain a nice hat like this! The cool weather is still hanging on here in NC but it'll be lovely to wear this with linen suits to Church soon.
View attachment 1826555
View attachment 1826556
View attachment 1826558
Very nice sir.

Hi guys just a reprint of a post I did a few days ago. I like hats and have a number of fedoras, western hats, baseball hats, berets, flatcaps, etc in straw, felt, cotton and some synthetic materials. Like most of us I tend to look out for good looking, well-made hats as well. I thought I'd found a company that had some nice looking and judging by the pics, well-made head gear.
I was mistaken...completely. This is what happened.

"I just received two hats from Rengars and all I can say is to avoid them if you can. I didn't do my due diligence and I paid for it. I ordered a straw hat and a felt homburg. You can read about how they pride themselves on their devotion to old world values, quality etc etc. What I received was two hats in a box, at least. They both had draw strings in the hat band. ??? When I ordered they had to know what my hat size was and provided info as to how to measure your head to get a proper fit. I did all that and then received two hats that were not my size but had to be fitted by using these drawstrings. That is crap, pure and simple. The felt was a poor quality with the hat band not sewn at the bottom of the band but tacked to the hat in several places along the top of the band. Just more proof their products are sub standard.
In short do not do as I have done but do as I say...DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I'm so angry, I left them a fairly inflammatory email and don't care if they get back to me or not. I'm not even going to send this crap back. It's going to Value village or I may even simply throw them out. That's how p****d I am".

They do not have a good rating and nor should they. Be aware.

Top Bottom