HASLINGER Sheep Milk Shaving Soap

Discussion in 'Shaving Soaps' started by dvandruff31, Jan 13, 2019 at 8:35 PM.

Hey all, just got a puck of Haslinger Sheep Milk soap. Wondering if any of you have tried it and what you thought of it? I opened it up and loved the smell as I'm not a guy who gets into the strong scents. I'd just like to get a feeling what you all think of this inexpensive soap.

1. It is much beloved around here, and for good reason! One of the best classic soaps around! Scent is mild but very clean; slickness is excellent; quality of lather is excellent.

2. johnwick

johnwick Contributor

One of my absolute favorites! You’re in for a treat.

3. Great soap!

4. Dang puck is small, tho.

5. Excellent soap. The puck may be small but it lasts forever. I use it often.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

6. Haslinger is one of the best performers money can buy. I stopped using it because of the baby powder scent, but otherwise it has never fallen out of my top 5.

7. Here here. If the puck was the size of MWF and still contained tallow it would probably be my number one soap. Still, it’s an amazing soap with a rich lather and easily loaded with a large water to soap ratio threshold.

8. Terrific soap IMHO!! Enjoy!! :a29:

9. Haslinger is an outstanding soap, enjoy!

10. Haslinger is an outstanding soap

[​IMG]

11. As others already confirmed it is a great soap.

12. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

Sheeps milk and tallow is awesome but haven't tried their new base.

13. Their sheeps’ milk without tallow is as good as the previous one with tallow.
    Don’t have to take my word for it, there is plenty of evidence on forums already...

B.

14. Dragonsbeard

Dragonsbeard Contributor

Good to know that when I run out of the one I have.

Thank you!

15. musicman1951

musicman1951 Contributor

Great stuff.

16. I'm currently using a sample of this soap, and am quite pleased with it. I don't think it's quite as good as a well used/conditioned puck of Mitchell's Wool Fat, but loads easier than a new puck of The Fat.

17. Marco

Marco Ambassador

Yes, SUPERB soap!

18. Wow you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the positive comments. I guess I picked a good one. My next soap is going to be Lisa's Natural. But that' will come later. Cheers!

19. I liked the lather but had to get rid of it because of the scent which I found sickly and cloying. I didn't mind it that much at first, but the more I used it the more I disliked it.