What's new

Has this jar of Cella gone bad?

You're probably right about it being harmless and usable. It would just bother my sensibilities that I ordered a new tub of soap and they send me one that's dried out. At a minimum I would contact the vendor I bought it from and let them know with pictures what I received from their warehouse.

Gotta love B&B...perfect place to throw up a picture and description and know exactly what a product should be and what it shouldn't be.

God Bless!
I lurked here for years before signing up. The information that's been shared by the members here is breathtaking in scope.

I would send it back. Cella should have a white mother of pearl look with a distinctive sheen.

Even if it's not rancid, in my opinion, it shouldn't be sold as new in this condition.

This is my tub, which is >2 years old and does not look as old as yours . I don't use it very often because I prefer to use Cella brick, as the one from the tub has a different scent that irritates my face a little bit

View attachment 1156547
Yes, this is what mine looks like after 4 months of occasional use. If the OP's tub was unopened, I suspect that the lid or some other part of the tub was cracked, allowing in air. I would return it to the vendor.

Also, my Cella has a mild, not pungent, scent.

My tub of Cella had a hairline crack in the side of the lid, which probably happened during shipping. Fortunately, it did not affect the soap.

Yes, this is what mine looks like after 4 months of occasional use. If the OP's tub was unopened, I suspect that the lid or some other part of the tub was cracked, allowing in air. I would return it to the vendor.

Also, my Cella has a mild, not pungent, scent.

My tub of Cella had a hairline crack in the side of the lid, which probably happened during shipping. Fortunately, it did not affect the soap.
I didn't think of that. But when I jist checked the jar (and lid), I didn't see any cracks. I wonder if it's a matter of the age of the soap and/or how the vendor stored it.

I buy Cella by the kilo and keep it in the fridge, cut off a piece, press it into a bowl and stays white for as long as it lasts(3-4 weeks) Never had Cella go bad on me, even after 2 years. If thats the way you got it new from a vendor I'd send it back

I buy Cella by the kilo and keep it in the fridge, cut off a piece, press it into a bowl and stays white for as long as it lasts(3-4 weeks) Never had Cella go bad on me, even after 2 years. If thats the way you got it new from a vendor I'd send it back
Thanks! The vendor has agreed to refund my payment for the Cella.

I'm also thinking of buying a kilo brick of Cella. In fact, that's why I bought the jar. I wanted to test it out first and see if I liked it before committing to a two year supply. 🙂

Thanks! The vendor has agreed to refund my payment for the Cella.

I'm also thinking of buying a kilo brick of Cella. In fact, that's why I bought the jar. I wanted to test it out first and see if I liked it before committing to a two year supply. 🙂
You will like the kilo of Cella, suggest to put a rounded hefty tablespoon pressed in a bowl with wet fingers, just wrap the unused portion and put in the fridge. Along with two other soaps the kilo lasts me over two years, I'm on my third kilo.

Top Bottom