What's new

Has anyone purchased a Haircut & Shave Co. Z074 recently?

This week I received a Z074 from Haircut & Shave Co. and it doesn't look anything like the Z074 on their website or in pics on the forums. There is not branding on the base plate, two lather channels instead of three and the base plate is thinner. It also is definitely not a mild shaver with zero blade exposure. Any Ideas?
IMG_0949.jpeg
IMG_0950.jpeg
IMG_0951.jpeg
IMG_0952.jpeg

I had and sold ome before. Even the original had a lot of blade feel for me, which is why I sold it. It never felt like a zero exposure razor to me.

I don't even remember the lather channels.

Have you asked the company? Maybe they changed the design?

I had and sold ome before. Even the original had a lot of blade feel for me, which is why I sold it. It never felt like a zero exposure razor to me.

I don't even remember the lather channels.

Have you asked the company? Maybe they changed the design?
I have reached out twice via the contact form on the website and a third today by replying to the order confirmation email. So far radio silence...

That is definitely not a Z074 Ti. I've owned 2 of them before, one in high polish and one in machined finish.

I've also owned a P076 Ti as well, and to my eyes that is what you appear to have. For whatever reason as you mentioned, there are supposed to be some scripture on the bottom of the baseplate, but I see none. It looks more like a prototype rather than a finished product.

I've also heard that they have stopped shipping the razors in those black plastic cases quite sometime ago. To be completely honest, their attention, quality and level to detail is severely lacking these days and fell from grace since almost 3 years ago. Back then his highly polished razors was comparable to Wolfman but not anymore. They haven't offered any polished razors or their copper razors for quite sometime. I guess selling razors has become a side business they are no longer paying much attention to these days.

Below is the machined version of the one I had most recently before I sold it:

Aji I believe has 2 other businesses. He will not hand polish razors any longer (this was 1.5 years ago when I asked).

On the other hand, I’m sure Monday or Tuesday they will get back to you.

That is definitely not a Z074 Ti. I've owned 2 of them before, one in high polish and one in machined finish.

I've also owned a P076 Ti as well, and to my eyes that is what you appear to have. For whatever reason as you mentioned, there are supposed to be some scripture on the bottom of the baseplate, but I see none. It looks more like a prototype rather than a finished product.

I've also heard that they have stopped shipping the razors in those black plastic cases quite sometime ago. To be completely honest, their attention, quality and level to detail is severely lacking these days and fell from grace since almost 3 years ago. Back then his highly polished razors was comparable to Wolfman but not anymore. They haven't offered any polished razors or their copper razors for quite sometime. I guess selling razors has become a side business they are no longer paying much attention to these days.

Below is the machined version of the one I had most recently before I sold it:

I agree it feels unfinished or like a prototype. It came in a cardboard box inside a bubble wrap envelope with a sticker on it.
Return and refund is the way.
That's why PayPal exists
Most likely the route that is going to be taken if I don't hear back.
Aji I believe has 2 other businesses. He will not hand polish razors any longer (this was 1.5 years ago when I asked).

On the other hand, I’m sure Monday or Tuesday they will get back to you.
That would be great if I heard back from them next week, I always prefer a positive, drama free resolution to anything.

Top Bottom