What's new

has anyone cleaned their brush with baby shampoo?

so i've watched em's videos on brush cleaning and used her dish soap and vinegar routine to good effect...but it got me wondering about baby shampoo. it's mild, designed for fine hair, rinses clean.

has anyone used it on their brushes and if so, how does it compare to the other methods of dish soap/borax?

thanks,

david r.

I've used baby shampoo and regular shampoo with no ill effects. But I like to use Borax then a shampoo to clean. I guess it my be redundant but it is the way I like cleaning my brush. Baby shampoo is harmless on badger after all it is still hair.

It sounds like a cool idea for a mild cleaner but if I had to guess it might have a tough time on the build up on the brush. Hell,....while were at why don't we rinse it with conditioner too!:lol: Funny thing is that may actually work! :biggrin: I think I'll try your idea today.

You can use any regular shampoo you can find. I clean my brush with shampoo about every two weeks. There really is now way you can harm a brush with shampoo. Just 'lather' it up in a bowl like you would with any soap or cream. Let the shampoo 'settle' for about two minutes and rinse the brush with warm water. Easy and efficient.

My brush prefers exotic shampoos that let vitamins and nutrients seep into the long dead hair cells. :001_rolle

edit : ohh, I am now Samurai !

I used J&J Baby Shampoo to de-smell my Chubby 1 with no problems...I used the Lavender flavor, but had to do it 5 times before the stink went away...:eek:

Top Bottom