What's new

Hartman Leather Repair

So, I have an old leather Hartman carryon bag that has God alone knows how many miles on it. I bought it new 20 years ago, and I'm no stranger to travel.

It's beginning to get some serious issues however. One of the handles is only attached by one of its double bindings since about six months ago. And one of the outer compartments lets small items escape.

My fond desire would be for this little guy to get a new lease on life. So does anyone have a suggestion?

Barring repair, how about suggestions for replacement. Obviously Hartman is on my list, since this one has held up well. But what else should I consider? Or just stick with the known?

Well, since I'll be doing a six month stint in ND, in the airport traveling now, finding saddlery shouldn't be too difficult.

I think the quality is way down with their new products, mostly in the non leather suitcases and whatnot. Throw a wider loop if you are going to replace.

Best Hartmann repairman that I know of, is in ft lauderdale. He works out of the Freeman Luggage shop not far from the airport and the convention center. Look up the store, give him a phone call. You might be able to send him a phone picture to get an estimate. At one time, he was actually being contracted by Hartmann. You could probably ship the item down to him.

Top Bottom