What's new

Handy Razor Storage

Was wandering around a store which specializes in containers and boxes of all sorts ("The Container Store") and found this. It is listed as a cosmetic storage item, but works pretty well for straight razors it would seem. They come in different sizes, but this one fit the bill for me. Cost was $12.99....not bad.

$20131125_084209_resized.jpg
$20131125_084253_resized.jpg

I would worry about them falling out. Maybe you could stick a packing peanut in there too to help stabilize them?

I too would worry about how little it comes up on the razor. Falling out or opening slightly... both would concern me. Maybe buy two, drill the bottoms out of one and stack them?

That said, I MUCH prefer to keep my straights stored the other way round, so they have no chance of falling open.

I bought a cheap pen-stand on Ebay. I think it was about $3 including shipping.

Had to use the dremel to make the top slots bigger, but now it works perfect for the straights.

proxy.php

I would worry about falling out, the blade opening and water going into the pivot

I think razors should be stored with the toe down

I would worry about falling out, the blade opening and water going into the pivot

I think razors should be stored with the toe down
This is what I found. I had a plastic end-mill bit holder that I used for exactly the same idea. I was finding that having the blades out in the open in the moist bathroom was giving them dark spots and patina. Also water was getting into the picot hole. To make it worse, droplets of water and dust and humidity and whatever else floats around my bathroom started collecting in the bottom the the little holes and rusting the tang and making a mess...

I kinda like Snikkeren's idea though the moisture from showers and whatnot still likes to condense on the cold blade I keep my blades in a dehumidifying box outside the bathroom now.

I ran across these in two different cigar shops. I paid $10 for the wooden one and the owner gave me the red one. They are great for storing razors.

alpster,

Those are great!!! I am looking for something to put my razors in. Right now I just have them in the grey sleeves, loose in my cabinet.

Top Bottom