What's new

Handwritten review of the Noodlers Konrad

Hi everyone so I decided to do a review of my new konrad that I received on friday. It is the regular resin pen and I paid $20 for it from goulet pen co. Again please excuse my handwriting I know it's bad but I prefer writing about the pen instead of typing about it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again for reading!
$2016-01-10 20.47.25.jpg

Since I recommended you get the Noodler's Konrad in one of your previous posts, I'm glad to read you are happy with it. What do you think about the ink? Liberty Elysium is one of my favorite inks.

[MENTION=65726]Whiskey Badger[/MENTION] the filling mechanism works well this pen can hold a decent amount of ink and is easy to take apart if you are comfortable with tinkering with pens I would say go for it and get one just as a warning if you get the 20 dollar resin one the smell will punch you in the face but it does fade. [MENTION=103256]Dog Whiskerer[/MENTION] I'm really enjoying the ink quite a bit its really close to the private reserve American blue that I first tried when I got my first FP but the liberty's Elysium is just a bit brighter I'm really considering ordering a full bottle

i just bought my first konrad, i love tinkering so it gives me a lot to play with and get inky with it. anyway i saw a lot of people bash the noodlers pens for being what they are, but i for one love a mechanical challenge. my list of mods is growing by the minute, i need to hog out my feed a but and maybe create an overfeed from a soda can, then grind the spare nibs i bought. im a tinkerer, always have been, anyway enough of my crazy inky ramblings, great review by the way

Great review and congrats on your new pen. What is this smell that you speak of?

the acrylic noodlers have a smell thats like a mix between acetone and plastic. mine was strong right off but isnt noticeable unless i put my nose onto the pen or close and really inhale. but thats just my pen.

Thanks you guys and it seems that noodlers pens are as polarizing as the veg in the FP community im actually really enjoying mine. Mine is actually the "vegital resin" version and the smell actually calmed down to where I actually have to put the pen under my nose to smell it not bad for only a weeks time. I have to say that adjusting the feed is super easy to change the ink flow

the acrylic noodlers have a smell thats like a mix between acetone and plastic. mine was strong right off but isnt noticeable unless i put my nose onto the pen or close and really inhale. but thats just my pen.

That is interesting, I didn't know that. Sounds similar to how my ebonite eyedroppers behave in summer. Thank you for the reply.

That is interesting, I didn't know that. Sounds similar to how my ebonite eyedroppers behave in summer. Thank you for the reply.

I suspected that the smell might be the ebonite feed. My Ahab had a the wicked smell when I first got it, but it faded after a good soapy washing. Sometimes I can still smell the ghost of it in the air after uncapping the pen, which is why I am suspect of the feed and not just the pen.

Either way, I do love my Ahab, and may need to grab a Konrad now.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Thanks you guys and it seems that noodlers pens are as polarizing as the veg in the FP community im actually really enjoying mine. Mine is actually the "vegital resin" version and the smell actually calmed down to where I actually have to put the pen under my nose to smell it not bad for only a weeks time. I have to say that adjusting the feed is super easy to change the ink flow

You have been "chosen" by The Veg(ital Resin)!!

Yes when I first got the pen I was pretty disgusted with the smell but now that it has calmed down and the smell is a little pleasant in a weird way I guess I'm one of "those people" haha

Top Bottom