What's new

Guys, can you please recommend a quality face wash?

Another +1 for Cetaphil.

It's light stuff, very good for sensitive skin. I've used it on and off for years, only off to try something else and I always come back to the Cetaphil. Recently I've been adding a bit of St. Ives Apricot scrub to the Cetaphil when I'd like to exfoliate a little. I'll do like 1 part scrub to 3 parts Cetaphil. St. Ives is one of the more concentrated scrubs I've used, adjust that formula to your liking.

The slickness properties of Cetaphil were good enough for me to wet shave with when I needed a super quick shave.

Your skin will feel clean but definitely not dry. If you have acne, this is probably the best stuff to use in my opinion.

Breaking with the rest of the pack to chime in with my preference: Billy Jealousy "White Knight" gentle daily cleanser. Colorant-, SLS-, paraben-, and artificial fragrance-free. Granted, intended for normal-dry skin, which I tend to have. This is a favorite of mine. Their "Bar None" is for medium-oily skin, but is a salycilic acid and Retinol product, if that's a concern.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I've used Cedephil for years, so I'll recommend it to you.

+1
Cetaphill is the best. Non drying and very mild.

I've used it for months because of a recommendation on here. Love it.

+1 on Cetaphil. I have sensitive skin, though its mellowed with age. This stuff has always done well by me.

Pick up Cetaphil. It's cheap, easy to find, and a solid face wash.

+1 for Cetaphil.

Another +1 for Cetaphil.

It's light stuff, very good for sensitive skin. I've used it on and off for years, only off to try something else and I always come back to the Cetaphil. Recently I've been adding a bit of St. Ives Apricot scrub to the Cetaphil when I'd like to exfoliate a little. I'll do like 1 part scrub to 3 parts Cetaphil. St. Ives is one of the more concentrated scrubs I've used, adjust that formula to your liking.

The slickness properties of Cetaphil were good enough for me to wet shave with when I needed a super quick shave.

Your skin will feel clean but definitely not dry. If you have acne, this is probably the best stuff to use in my opinion.
ctguy:
+ 7 and I reconmend and been using this soap for my body and face for as long as I can remember. Truly the best bath & face soap on the market for those with dry / sensitive skin. :yesnod:

Christopher
proxy.php

Last edited:
Baking soda. Arm & Hammer is good, but non-boutique brands will do.

I started using it a year ago and recommend it to everyone. It cleared the flaky skin on my forehead and next to my nose, plus I get fewer pimples.

It's better than any gritty face scrub I ever tried, and much cheaper.

So I wash with a mild soap, mix a baking soda paste in the little bowl I keep in my shower, coat my face with it, and scrub gently anywhere than needs extra scrubbing. I tend not to scrub the parts of my face that get shaved.

BAKING SODA.

not even kidding. so cheap and so effective. i have bad-ish skin as well...always a battle. wet face
half a spoon full of baking soda on wet hands, rub onto your face and neck massage and enjoy the exfoliation.
rinse
shave

morning and night. i love it. my fiance got me in on it.

I have got to try that! I make my own tooth paste with it and it works wonders on my teeth.

At least for me, Cetaphil dried out my skin quite a bit. I have recently had success using my KMF olive oil/aloe soap bar as well as my Musgo Real soap. Items with simple ingredients and high quality have helped me out a lot.

Dermagenics Smart facial cleaner is outstanding and the only one I use. Check out their website. Dermagenics products are top drawer in every respect.

Noxzema.... been around forever. Still works great.
Amen. I actually prefer the Equate/Walmart version of Noxzema. Its closer to the original product. Some versions today are missing camphor, for example. It is a terrific budget face wash and a good preshave as well.

Body shop's Tea Tree Facial Wash, finally settled on that after trying lots of brand, bought the thick liquid version, and use it with Foaming dispenser from Amazon after mixed it with purified water, seems lasts for months.

I use Body shop tea tree face wash, RR Thermal mud (my favorite), and Nivea Exfoliating face scrub a couple times a week.

I'll add my 2 cents. This is what I've been using for the last year or so and really like it. You can find kits with all of the essentials, including face wash, scrub, etc. They have quite a few products to mix and match. I personally use the face wash, scrub, moisturizer and under eye roller.
proxy.php

Top Bottom