What's new

Guy photographs himself every day for 17 years

Good Lord, that's a lot of pictures.

It looks like he doesn't even start to GET a bald spot until about age 43. Scary. :eek:

I can't imagine the determination to not only get the picture taken but to make sure the correct angles to hold the head, jawline, etc... each and every day. I can't even decide which razor/blade/soap/brush/AS to do in advance, let alone stick to the same exact routine for 17 years.

I can't imagine the determination to not only get the picture taken but to make sure the correct angles to hold the head, jawline, etc... each and every day. I can't even decide which razor/blade/soap/brush/AS to do in advance, let alone stick to the same exact routine for 17 years.

Those are my thoughts as well. I be good for a few months, then get tired of it. But 17 years!! I am impressed.

I remember the video from a few years back of the guy who photographed himself everyday for a shorter length of time. The music was much better.

It leaves me with a lot more questions than answers.

Is he in Jail?

Is he doing a project? A. Yes, i think.

Does he have a partner/s?

Does he miss any days?

Who is he?

Why?

Many more too......

I'm friends with photographer Karl Baden, who did this sort of thing for 20 years and counting. He did it all with black and white film, developed, and made prints by hand. For the 20th anniversary of his project, which he called 'Everyday,' he displayed his prints (all of them the size of one frame on a negative) along the walls of the Howard Yezerski Gallery (check out http://www.howardyezerskigallery.com/artists/baden.html). There was one point where he was extremely sick. This can be seen in the way his face looks in the portraits. Also, seeing as he did the entire thing by hand for 20 years, there are some errors because he's a human. Sometimes, film got jammed, once, part of a roll of film was exposed to light, etc.

It was really great to actually see all the pictures of him up on a wall. Slightly creepy, of course, but still nice.

Top Bottom