What's new

Gun-Kote a toggle? Help me choose.

What should I do with my Toggle?

• Two-tone

• Solid color

• Nothing

• Save up for the Gold

Results are only viewable after voting.
All I used was Mothers and a Old T Shirt and polished by hand. It was actually kind of scary just how easy the gold comes off. It probably took a half hour or so while watching TV.

My Toggle looks worse than yours does. Mine cost a little more too. :001_rolle

I do think yours is perfectly respectable and presentable as is.

I say do whatever you like though. It's yours. Whatever brings you the most enjoyment out of it.

I will add that you should be aware that it could shave different after being refinished. For better or worse you can't undo it.

Can you do a Toggle in more than one color? Can they be disassembled? I haven't seen anyone doing it. I suppose you could still do multiple colors of Gun Cote but it would certainly be a bit more difficult. Just saying.

Ah, here we go. This dark red and gold, never mind the black.

proxy.php
That is one of the snazziest looking restores I've ever seen.
Great choice of colors.
Its almost too pretty to shave with.

What is your ultimate intention for this Toggle?

Collectable? ---> Go for the Gold.
Showpiece? ---> 2 or 3 tone recoated.
BST value? ----> Solid color recoat.
DailyShaver? --> Do nothing.

I would personally equate it with a vintage automobile restoration. Restore to stock which means stock color options.......

Save up for the gold.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I wouldn't do it simply because those razors seem to need finer tolerances than most any other
I was thinking along those lines, myself. Would it work? Toggles can get kinda wonky. I'd hate to break it.

If it would work, then I think it would look fantastic.

However, I also agree that it looks pretty good as it is right now. But, shoot, go for what turns you on!

Must be the first of April?

To paraphrase my father-in-law: "it's April first somewhere." Apparently "somewhere" is Maine.

John: I'm not above stealing that Toggle from under your pillow (we both know that is where you keep it) and getting it replated in gold at razorplate.com.
Like the toothfairy, I'll replace it with a dollar.

I voted two-tone: burnt orange and white! Wait... You're from Maine and not likely a Longhorns fan. Never mind.

Seriously, I think I'm going to have my prescious Muhle R41 2011 coated in burnt orange and white. Hook 'em Horns!

Top Bottom