What's new

Gun-Kote a toggle? Help me choose.

What should I do with my Toggle?

• Two-tone

• Solid color

• Nothing

• Save up for the Gold

Results are only viewable after voting.
All of this "toggle" talk caused me to dig mine out. After seeing all the nice looking Toggles out there I'm feeling like mine is just up to par.

attachment.php

You can see that it has a little plate loss and the shine is dull. I don't have the funds to have it replated in gold but was thinking Gun-Kote would look cool. But I'm tossed between going two-toned like this:

proxy.php

or one solid color like this:

proxy.php

What do you all think?

Last edited:
Colorado Rockies team colors - Black, Purple, Silver, White. I'm thinking a purple body, silver doors, white adjuster, black toggle. Be the sharpest looking toggle at your funeral when the other toggle owners get done with you!
:001_smile

I would not do that to a Toggle, but YMMV. It is your razor, so do whatever finish you want and enjoy it.

Oh man, they are going to go after you for this thread. I'm subscribed!!!
I say do whatever you want to it. I don't like gold.

Definitely shave up for a gold replate, or leave as is since it's quite beautiful in its current state! Or better yet,just give it to me! I'll show it the love it deserves!

Last edited:
Oh man, they are going to go after you for this thread. I'm subscribed!!!
I say do whatever you want to it. I don't like gold.

Definitely shave up for a gold replate, or leave as is since it's quite beautiful in its current state! Or better yet,just give it to me! I'll show it the love it deserves!

I only paid $1.55 for it so I'm not that worried about my investment.

I voted gold, so that you have a better shot selling it for a decent sum later on. If this is a razor you plan on keeping do what you want with it

That Gun-Kote stuff is beautiful in the picture! I love the two tone version.

But I would go for 18K gold re-plate because of the rarity and the stature of the Fat Boy toggle. I find the 18K is brighter than the 14k and is worth it. It's only slightly more expensive than 14k gold.

I would leave it as is, and use the money for more razors and soaps. I do like what they do to Fatboys though, a toggle would look nice is several of there color combos.

If You're planning on having it done you could try to 2 tone it yourself. I have a Tech that the gold was pretty shot. I used Mothers to polish the gold away, and exposed the nickle underneath. With more work I think I could turn it all to nickle. It's certainly not perfect, but I like the way it came out.

Attachments

• $DSCF9348.jpg
    $DSCF9348.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 196
  • $DSCF9349.jpg
    $DSCF9349.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 196
I would leave it as is, and use the money for more razors and soaps. I do like what they do to Fatboys though, a toggle would look nice is several of there color combos.

If You're planning on having it done you could try to 2 tone it yourself. I have a Tech that the gold was pretty shot. I used Mothers to polish the gold away, and exposed the nickle underneath. With more work I think I could turn it all to nickle. It's certainly not perfect, but I like the way it came out.

If I went this route what grit of sandpaper should I put in my Dremel?

Top Bottom