What's new

Gucci Loafers

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
They are a timeless classic. I think they are an essential part of a man's shoe collection.

I am thinking of adding them to my collection. As far as loafers go, I have a pair of shell cordovan loafers from Alden (with the higher vamp), a pair of dark brown suede loafers from Allen-Edmonds and two pairs (one in each color) of the Ski-moc penny from Johnston & Murphy.

I think the classic horse-bit Gucci would be a nice edition. Now these shoes are a little pricey so I began searching the net. The Gucci site, as well as other high end stores, list them at $495.

I come across this site that has them for $160. http://www.guccisale2011.com/sale-Gucci-men-shoes-245972-B6V00-2535-4802.html. Can this be? They look like the same exact shoe. Are they knock-offs? Has anyone ordered from this site before and are they reputable?

It just seems too good to be true and as we all know, if it seems too good to be true, it is usually not true.

EDIT: When you click on the photo you will notice it says www.fendiz.com. After going to that site it is a message from Chanel about counterfeit products. I think this answers my question. :rolleyes:

Any Gucci loafer fans out there?

Last edited:
I'm finishing my MBA in June and as a gift my wife wants to introduce me to the fine art of Italian shoes (probably to justify her affection for them). I'm probably going to go with a pair of Gucci loafers or Tod's loafers. Check out the Tod's loafers, we went into their store in Rome and they had some great stuff.

Remember that the Chinese can pretty much make counterfeits of everything so I am with you that if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

In fairness, $500 for Gucci shoes is pretty good considering my penchant for Bally boots had set me back $1500AU a pair...

Sorry I was never a fan. It takes me back to the 80's which I don't want to revisit. Honestly, I always thought they were ugly.

I would have to agree with some of the other gents, compared to the Alden's and AE the Gucci's seem broken down and unstructured, almost slipper like.

Top Bottom