What's new

GSL Steward

Hi Chris. Congrats on the Steward role. I'm Brett. I live in regional South Australia. I'm a Brumbies and Wallabies supporter but in a state where Australian Rules football is king (and it's a 5 hr drive or an expensive flight to Adelaide where I can then get on a plane and fly to a state to that has heard of RUgby Union), I never get to any matches and rarely watch any of the Super Rugby (I haven't yet been able to justify $50 a month for Pay TV just to watch rugby)... fortunately they have begun to at least broadcast the Wallabies live on "Free to Air" in recent years (it used to be a case of getting up at 2 am to watch a replay).
Anyway I hope your week ends well and you have a great weekend. Cheers.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Hi Chris. Congrats on the Steward role. I'm Brett. I live in regional South Australia. I'm a Brumbies and Wallabies supporter but in a state where Australian Rules football is king (and it's a 5 hr drive or an expensive flight to Adelaide where I can then get on a plane and fly to a state to that has heard of RUgby Union), I never get to any matches and rarely watch any of the Super Rugby (I haven't yet been able to justify $50 a month for Pay TV just to watch rugby)... fortunately they have begun to at least broadcast the Wallabies live on "Free to Air" in recent years (it used to be a case of getting up at 2 am to watch a replay).
Anyway I hope your week ends well and you have a great weekend. Cheers.

Thanks Brett.
I'm in Wellington and support the Hurricanes, Wellington Loins and All Blacks.
Sky TV have the rights to the Super Rugby and the All Blacks games. It cost me a extra $30 per month on top of the base fee to have the sports channel added, so all up is very expensive. I have just re subscribed to watch the rugby.
Here all the All Blacks games are made free to air by law but normally a bit delayed.
Good to hear they now play free to air the Wallabies games. Does that include the Rugby Championship?

The British Loins are touring here at the start of June. They only come here every 12 years so are looking forward to watching them.

I'm from Christchurch but live in Geelong I'm a Crusaders fan through and through. The afl is only king in Vic and SA really and the Rugby coverage is non existent on free to air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
I'm from Christchurch but live in Geelong I'm a Crusaders fan through and through. The afl is only king in Vic and SA really and the Rugby coverage is non existent on free to air.

I work with a few Cantabs. They all have one eye when it comes to rugby, especially the one who sits opposite of me.
It makes for a good bit of banter during rugby season. :a30: :lol:
Great team to watch......just don't tell Neil that. :)

How long have you been in Aussie?

20 years and I am an Aussie citizen now so I won't be screwed over by Malcom T .... again. My son however .... now has to wait another 4 years and he has been here 10.
I don't follow afl at all and the can't get the Allblacks out of me.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Now your avatar makes sense. All the people I know from Christchurch are passionate about the place, even though they no longer live there.

Good news on becoming a Aussie citizen, hope your son joins you soon as a citizen. It would appear to be getting harder everywhere to gain citizenship in a new country.

Giving up watching the All Blacks is like changing your religion.....well rugby is a religion here. :)

Now your avatar makes sense. All the people I know from Christchurch are passionate about the place, even though they no longer live there.

Good news on becoming a Aussie citizen, hope your son joins you soon as a citizen. It would appear to be getting harder everywhere to gain citizenship in a new country.

Giving up watching the All Blacks is like changing your religion.....well rugby is a religion here. :)

We are the Collingwood of the Super Rugby... except we have all our teeth.

Top Bottom