What's new

Grooming Dept Nov 5 Drop shipping Delay:

How many people who made purchases on the November 5 release date are surprised by the shipping delay announced a few hours ago?

There is always something that comes up with Mo on probably 99% of his releases and I'm sure this thread will be filled with the usual, "but he's just a one man show", comments in due time!! Too many people give him a free pass too easily. IMO, the man and his products are overrated and hyped way too much. I've sampled a few and still find Stirling to be a superior product for me!!

There is always something that comes up with Mo on probably 99% of his releases and I'm sure this thread will be filled with the usual, "but he's just a one man show", comments in due time!! Too many people give him a free pass too easily. IMO, the man and his products are overrated and hyped way too much. I've sampled a few and still find Stirling to be a superior product for me!!
You’re spot on. It’s amazing to me on the other site where Mo maintains a site under merchants how many defenders he has. My point and I read back 3 years of purchases and e mails from Mo how many delays there have been for many many different reasons. It’s like in Thailand with the lese majeste laws that saying anything against the Thai royal family can land you in jail for up to 15 years.
My whole point was for newer customers of Grooming Dept that these delays seem to be the norm not the exception. Yeah yeah I know all about the refund offers and prompt replies to correspondence, cutting him some slack etc but I just said it’s dejavu all over again.

He’s not the only one doing this; but, is one of the worst offenders. I could wax on being offended by some of his resultant actions myself. A lot of these sellers ALL have their “canned” excuses and “troops” of defenders to come to their rescue. The fact of the matter is most people allow this behavior to continue by coddling the offenders and defenders. These product launch delays and ship date problems are dime a dozen and their excuses aren’t worth a plug nickel, as far as I am concerned.

He’s not the only one doing this; but, is one of the worst offenders. I could wax on being offended by some of his resultant actions myself. A lot of these sellers ALL have their “canned” excuses and “troops” of defenders to come to their rescue. The fact of the matter is most people allow this behavior to continue by coddling the offenders and defenders. These product launch delays and ship date problems are dime a dozen and their excuses aren’t worth a plug nickel, as far as I am concerned.
I like the word coddle!👍

I do believe he hurt his back as he mentioned.
Sad this is not at all mentioned in the original post, report the important item and the reason why. Then let people judge.

This thread is not about ONE incident or his most recent escapade. It’s turned into a way of doing business. You need to learn to comprehend threads before commenting, defending and making your own judgments about what others have said...

I do believe he hurt his back as he mentioned.
Sad this is not at all mentioned in the original post, report the important item and the reason why. Then let people judge.
Mohammed always gives a reason for his shipping delays. There have been many different reasons given by him for these delays. I’m not judging the veracity of these delays only asking if anyone was really surprised by it given by his track record and previous history. That is why I said it’s dejavu all over again.

This thread is not about ONE incident or his most recent escapade. It’s turned into a way of doing business. You need to learn to comprehend threads before commenting, defending and making your own judgments about what others have said...
How many people who made purchases on the November 5 release date are surprised by the shipping delay announced a few hours ago?

I think I am going to defend myself on this sorry.

I am talking about the original post!! No place was mentioned about him hurting his back??
If people want to comment on past that is ok. But I just fell this delay has a reason and need to be mentioned.

I think I am going to defend myself on this sorry.

I am talking about the original post!! No place was mentioned about him hurting his back??
If people want to comment on past that is ok. But I just fell this delay has a reason and need to be mentioned.
Since I’m the original poster I assume you read what I stated in post #11....

Mohammed always gives a reason for his shipping delays. There have been many different reasons given by him for these delays. I’m not judging the veracity of these delays only asking if anyone was really surprised by it given by his track record and previous history. That is why I said it’s dejavu all over again

I had to jump in on this thread. Grooming Dept has the absolute worst business model in existence. Close your shop for months and months, open with product that is new, then close for another few months after selling out in a day. If you wanted to re-order a product, sorry, it was a one off, never to be available again. Disappoint potential customers who were not able to sit by their computer on a given day to place an order. Rinse, repeat.

He hurt his back, he only has a closet to store his product (thus limited supply), he can't source the "rare, exclusive" ingredients, it didn't cure properly. Blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses, excuses. Terrible business model and business imo. But, he has his minions, no doubt about it.

Hannah's Dad

I Can See Better Than Bigfoot.
I’ve watched GD launches for several years, and have enjoyed some of Mo’s products. He’s very creative, and tries very hard to please his customers. However, if he’s had 20 product launches, he’s also offered 20 different excuses for delays, product issues and lack of follow-through. It happens every. single. time. without exception. I jumped off that train last year and I’m okay with missing out.

Hannah's Dad

I had to jump in on this thread. Grooming Dept has the absolute worst business model in existence. Close your shop for months and months, open with product that is new, then close for another few months after selling out in a day. If you wanted to re-order a product, sorry, it was a one off, never to be available again. Disappoint potential customers who were not able to sit by their computer on a given day to place an order. Rinse, repeat.

He hurt his back, he only has a closet to store his product (thus limited supply), he can't source the "rare, exclusive" ingredients, it didn't cure properly. Blah, blah, blah, excuses, excuses, excuses. Terrible business model and business imo. But, he has his minions, no doubt about it.
Nailed it, Tom.

Nailed it, Tom.
As did you Dan! I should say his website doesn't actually close, but it might as well be if there is no product. I respect the guy for trying to have a business, but one has to learn from their mistakes/shortcomings or they will endlessly disappoint more than they please. That is a bad recipe for sustained success.

Yes very slow and delayed service in the past.
But we really have not right to judge if he did or did not hurt his back.
I would hope we would be more sentimental and offer healing.
His past excuses all had nothing to do with health issues. So I am going to understand this reason.
And hope he gets better.

Hannah's Dad

Yes very slow and delayed service in the past.
But we really have not right to judge if he did or did not hurt his back.
I would hope we would be more sentimental and offer healing.
His past excuses all had nothing to do with health issues. So I am going to understand this reason.
And hope he gets better.
That’s not accurate. Mo has used vague ‘health issues’ a few times before. The point isn’t any lack of compassion — it’s that with Mo there is ALWAYS an excuse.

Top Bottom