What's new

Grooming Dept club

Looks like “Jasmine & Civet” soap is available in the Lusso base too. If I remember correctly, weren’t you looking for soaps in that base?
That was the one thing that tempted me today - but then I remembered the number of GD (and other soaps) that are still waiting to be used.

I have the unscented and love it. Interested in input regarding scented versions. It is awesome stuff!!
I've only used the Cedarwood and Lime. I can smell it a little when I'm applying it, but it's not very strong at all. Definitely does not interfere with soap scents. To the extent I smell it, I mostly get cedar - every once in a while I sense the lime.

Best pre shave I’ve ever used. If you follow the directions and put a little water on the face after each pass it makes the lather even slicker, unbelievable product!

I’ve been waiting for that re-stock. I ordered the unscented. I can’t wait to try it.

I’m hoping the supply issues have been sorted out, and Grooming Dept. products will be readily available in the future.

So what are everyone’s favorite five and least favorite five GD soaps? Mine in order:

Favorite
1) Naranja de Sangre
2) Mallard Kulfi
3) After the Fire
4) Mandarin Bay
5) Citric

Least favorite
1) Sandalwood Fig Musk
2) Tao
3) Magnolia and Oud
4) Kolnisch
5) Incense and Rose

Others I own and really enjoy but don’t reach for as often:

Jasmine and Civet
Mallard Earl Grey
Chypre Conifere
Verbrannt
Before the Fire
Mallard Pekin
Tacit
Elan

Past releases I’m trying to obtain:
Mallard Chai

Future Releases I am planning to buy:
Practically everything; cuz it’s that good and if Mo gets hit by a city bus, I want to have a good stock in the den.

So what are everyone’s favorite five and least favorite five GD soaps? Mine in order:

Favorite
1) Naranja de Sangre
2) Mallard Kulfi
3) After the Fire
4) Mandarin Bay
5) Citric

Least favorite
1) Sandalwood Fig Musk
2) Tao
3) Magnolia and Oud
4) Kolnisch
5) Incense and Rose

Others I own and really enjoy but don’t reach for as often:

Jasmine and Civet
Mallard Earl Grey
Chypre Conifere
Verbrannt
Before the Fire
Mallard Pekin
Tacit
Elan

Past releases I’m trying to obtain:
Mallard Chai

Future Releases I am planning to buy:
Practically everything; cuz it’s that good and if Mo gets hit by a city bus, I want to have a good stock in the den.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
That last statement had me cracking up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I will play:
Favorite:
1. Mandarin Bay
2. Chypre Vert DFS 2018
3. Chypre Conifere
4. Mallard Kulfi
5. After the Fire

The next 5 in no particular order

1. Jasmine and Civet
2. Citrus
3. Before the Fire
4. Magnolia
5. Angel

A bit of a let down has been Magnolia & Oud - Expecting more scent wise.

Very pleased to reach for when needed:

1. Pekin
2. Tacit

Overall I have not had any scent that I have been really disappointed by. The bases are all excellent especially the new ones.

Wanted to post up my results here after Gus generously gave me a sample of the cedarwood and lime preshave to try. I used two distinctly different blades: a lord super stainless on it’s 4th shave (i.e. a ‘dull’ blade) and a polsilver si which i consider top notch and sharp. The results were very much in line with what many here have said. The post shave feel is really incredible. Living in new england during the winter, post shave irritation and especially dryness are issues to be tackled on a regular basis. I can say without a doubt my skin looks and feels more hydrated after using this preshave. It’s good enough that i bought 2 tubs of the stuff once it went back on sale. It really is a fantastic product. Also like gus has said previously, it’s not some magic cure all for bad technique. You can still get razor burn using the stuff. But, it does help prevent it and where it truly shines is how your face feels after the shave. For me, it’s now become part of my shaving routine and i was most definitely not a believer in pre-shaves. Thanks again gus for the sample and i’m happy to now have a supply of it on the way!

Last edited:
Top Bottom