What's new

Grippiest Razor Handles I know Of

When I was younger and worked with my hands stocking shelves and such at a local grocery, I played darts in the evenings. I was not very good, I just could not feel the dart in my fingers. Until I bought a set of hammerheads with very aggressive knurling. Once I could feel the dart, my game improved. I have liked aggressive knurling ever since.

I find aggressive knurling to be a bit intrusive, as I can feel the sharp points as I shave. My Ikon OSS handle falls into this category.

I much prefer the type of knurling that doesn't have "points", which I think provides a better grip than more aggressive knurling. My vote for for "Grippiest handle" therefore goes to my ATT Kronos.

I like the plasti-dip idea. My Futur has probably the slickest handle and that's part of what prevents me from using it more often.

The Maggard MR 5 fits my hand perfectly. I will be using it with the new Wolfman Guerrilla razor soon.

My grippiest handles have all been early Triad handles from Toby S.
My last handle from Toby, a gorgeous copper Aristocrat knurled handle, was much smoother and less grippy.
I also found the iKon Bulldog (second gen 80mm) to be nicely grippy.
As for modifications, I added rubber grommets to a CooncatBob Improved handle to make it foolproof in the shower!

The handle on a PAA DOC is really grippy, as well.

paa_doc.png

Grippiest handles I know of are Fendrihan Adventurer and Maggard MR5.
I have the "Scientist" version of the Fendrihan, and yes it is very grippy. Almost feels like a large-diameter rat-tail file. I just find the appearance a little mundane.

Get a container of Plasti Dip and get any razor handle and dip it a couple of times. guaranteed the grippiest and probably most water resistant handle around. It made a *** handle from the RR Teck 2 into one of my favorite handles.

View attachment 786581

Also, not bad looking if you are into black colored handles.

I like this idea. Do you know if you can remove it at a later date without damaging the handle? Thanks.

IMG_20210203_155127.jpg

Parker A1-R handle is very grippy. It is nearly impossible to slip from your wet hands and it is close to bite a your fingers if you grip heavily.

I've not tried every handle out there (not even close, of course) but Aji's (H&S's) new titanium handles are pretty amazingly knurled and hence grippy. (At first I was worried they'd be too sharp but I haven't noticed that at all in use; all I notice is that I can grip it anywhere and it feels secure.). Here's my P076 with one:
2021-02-26 08.37 copy 2.jpeg

Last edited:

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I have quite a few handles that are nice in the hand that are knurled but the TNNSER 3D printed handle is ergonomic and grippy and a joy to to use. It is very similar to the Enders speed razor handle that was around for decades and is a nice handle. The TNNSER 3D printed handle that was Designed by @twhite & @riverrun ? took the Enders design to different comfort level and grip level IMO. I also have the Enders speed razor and enjoyed it.
Tom White 3D Printed razor TNNSER.jpg

Have some great shaves! Stay & think safe in these times!

Last edited:
Just echoing others at this point, but the iKon OSS, Razorock Super Knurl, and Parker A1R are my grippiest. All a little too grippy, honestly. The new Timeless Crown is my current favorite in terms of nailing the best amount of traction. But that just might be another infatuation with what's been recently acquired.

Top Bottom