What's new

Grippiest Razor Handles I know Of

I have a number of after market razor handles and have found a couple which have sharper coarse knurling and thus a better grip than any factory handles I know of. The first is the ixgrip from Germany which is commonly available on ebay, though not at the moment. Very grippy due to coarse and sharp knurling. The second it the new Stirling Soap Dallas handle which has a combination of pentagonal shape areas and 16+mm round sections. The round areas are very sharply knurled so provide an excellent grip. Also a very attractive handle design in my opinion and it claims to be 316 stainless, one of the most corrosion resistant steels. The Stirling handle is the upper photo and the ixgrip is the lower one. Both are close to 90mm length. What is your preferred grippy handle? I like a grippy handle as I am a shower shaver.

dallas-stainless-steel-razor-handle-stirling.jpg
ixgrip-1.jpg

I have an iXgrip and I love it. I didn't know until now that they came from Germany. I got mine from a vendor in Thailand. I like the look of the Stirling Soap Dallas handle very much. It has the look of something from a jeweler's shop. :thumbup1:

The knurling on fat handle Techs, Fat Boys, late 40's Aristocrats, Slims, are all extremely grippy. Rub them across something like a microfibre cloth and they practically grab ahold of it.

Get a container of Plasti Dip and get any razor handle and dip it a couple of times. guaranteed the grippiest and probably most water resistant handle around. It made a *** handle from the RR Teck 2 into one of my favorite handles.

DSC01510.JPG

Also, not bad looking if you are into black colored handles.

I like the "RazoRock Barber Pole Handle in polished 304 stainless steel" that I got to go with one of their RR OLD Type OC heads. Grippy without feeling sharp. Only US$11.95.
proxy.php

Get a container of Plasti Dip and get any razor handle and dip it a couple of times. guaranteed the grippiest and probably most water resistant handle around. It made a *** handle from the RR Teck 2 into one of my favorite handles.

View attachment 786581

Also, not bad looking if you are into black colored handles.

That's a great idea. Did you have something like an eye bolt screwed in to help with the dipping and drying?

That's a great idea. Did you have something like an eye bolt screwed in to help with the dipping and drying?
I screw in a long 10-32 (or 5mm) screw in the top of the handle and hold on to that while dipping. It takes about two dips around 5-10 minutes apart. Also, after a couple of seconds, it is best to turn the handle upside down just so the Plasti Dip don't collect on the bottom. I then attach the screw with the handle upside down on my magnetic knife holder strip and leave it for an hour. I actually got the Plasti Dip for some of my older tools and it worked great with them so decided to try it on my slippery razor handles.

I screw in a long 10-32 (or 5mm) screw in the top of the handle and hold on to that while dipping. It takes about two dips around 5-10 minutes apart. Also, after a couple of seconds, it is best to turn the handle upside down just so the Plasti Dip don't collect on the bottom. I then attach the screw with the handle upside down on my magnetic knife holder strip and leave it for an hour. I actually got the Plasti Dip for some of my older tools and it worked great with them so decided to try it on my slippery razor handles.
Make great shoes as well.
proxy.php

The Maggard MR1 is super grippy. The Razorock handle for the first version of the German 37 Slant is as well. But it gets points off for having sharp edges that could remove old paint.

Top Bottom