What's new

GrillGrates™ for Gas BBQ

I see a lot of promotional or "paid" reviews on these, but not many first hand reviews.

A quick search shows a handful of members using them. My last BBQ had Porcelain-Enameled Cast-Iron, new one came with the same.

Anyone care to offer the "pros & cons" to swapping my stock grates for these? I can see the flat side coming in handy for flat-top use, but I mainly use my BBQ for grilling purposes and have a GQ120 LittleGriddle™ that I can use to sit on top, when needed.

1695835245704.png

These are supposed to give you good grill marks if care about. Also, if you usually get a lot of flare ups this might reduce that because of less direct exposure compared to regular grates. Other than that they don’t really offer any real advantage and they are a nightmare to keep clean. I wouldn’t bother with them, but to each his own.

I have old Webber, it came with Cast Iorn Grilling Surface. Works great.

Years ago I worked for company that did Teflon Costing.

Took my Old Webber Kettle Grate to work, reviser it. Non Stick Grill.🥳

I have old Webber, it came with Cast Iorn Grilling Surface. Works great.

Years ago I worked for company that did Teflon Costing.

Took my Old Webber Kettle Grate to work, reviser it. Non Stick Grill.🥳
I won't use anything with Teflon or T-Fal coatings.

Natural seasoning with oils is the way to go.

These are supposed to give you good grill marks if care about. Also, if you usually get a lot of flare ups this might reduce that because of less direct exposure compared to regular grates. Other than that they don’t really offer any real advantage and they are a nightmare to keep clean. I wouldn’t bother with them, but to each his own.
I had heard they were difficult to clean. As for grill marks, I can take them or leave them but have no issues getting any grill hot enough to apply them if wanted.

I won't use anything with Teflon or T-Fal coatings.

Natural seasoning with oils is the way to go.

Well I did this in 1960’s, and it work well with Wooden Utinciles.

The company I word for use to Teflon Coat all the fry pans for what is now I-Hop.

Today my grill is Cast Iorn, spray vegetable oil or olive oil is all I use.

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
I use them in my Weber Spirit 310. The flat side works great for all sorts of things, veggies especially. And fish. Also sears very well. I have used the 'grill mark' side a few times and it works well too.

Tough to clean?? 550 degree heatup and a stiff brush cleans them pretty well.

Did my Weber cook well with the original cast iron grates? Yes.

Are these grates better? Maybe.

Can you do without them? Sure.

Are they worth the money? Maybe. (a small fraction of what I've spent for cooking stuff LOL)

Were they a waste of money? Definitely not.

Last edited:
Top Bottom