What's new

Greetings from the Sonoran Desert

Welcome! When stationed near Sierra Vista, Tucson was the nearest island of civilization. Sounds like you are off to a good start--RR are fine soaps from a vendor generally very well regarded by the folks here. If you get the urge to branch out and try some new stuff, you may find something you like even better. When in doubt, ask!

Welcome to BnB.

Hello Gents,

I am a 26 year-old man who works in prison healthcare in Tucson, Arizona. Shaving used to be something I hated doing, and so I did it infrequently and with an electric razor (ouch). And then, a couple of months ago, I discovered DE wet shaving, and so a new passion began. Now I derive much pleasure from the process of shaving; it's something I look forward to, and as a result I take much better care of my face.

At the moment I'm really into RazoRock, and I'm using their classic twist-to-open safety razor with Lorde platinum class blades. Here's generally how my routine goes:

I fill my mug with hot water and let my razor and Omega 10019 boar brush soak while I hop in the shower. I've been using a pre-shave face scrub from Neutrogena. I've really grown to like a lot of Neutrogena's products over the years. They have a great naturals selection and a wide variety of skin care products that have worked really well for me. I like to face lather with a brush that's damp, and I've been using RazoRock's Don Marco bergamot neroli shaving soap. I make two or three passes and usually avoid shaving against the grain because my skin isn't so fond of that (though the temptation remains). Afterwards I rinse with hot water, then cold water, and then I wait a few minutes before applying post-shave products. Call me unsophisticated or an American traditionalist, but lately I've been using the original Brut aftershave and post-shave balm, in that order.

So there you have it. Nice to have joined this forum and I wish you all many happy shaves to come.
I think Brut AS is still a classic scent.......

Welcome to B&B.

In August my wife and I were planning a trip to Chandler AZ to visit my son and his family. I called Discover Card, which is based in Phoenix, to tell them I would be traveling across the country. I told the agent that I was trading the heat and humidity of FL for the dry heat of AZ. She told me that I was going in the monsoon season which, she said, was humid. When I got there I discovered 40% humidity was considered humid; in FL that is considered one of the least humid days of the year!
Well, atleast you wont have any uncomfortable days there.

Top Bottom