What's new

Greetings from the Sonoran Desert

Hello Gents,

I am a 26 year-old man who works in prison healthcare in Tucson, Arizona. Shaving used to be something I hated doing, and so I did it infrequently and with an electric razor (ouch). And then, a couple of months ago, I discovered DE wet shaving, and so a new passion began. Now I derive much pleasure from the process of shaving; it's something I look forward to, and as a result I take much better care of my face.

At the moment I'm really into RazoRock, and I'm using their classic twist-to-open safety razor with Lorde platinum class blades. Here's generally how my routine goes:

I fill my mug with hot water and let my razor and Omega 10019 boar brush soak while I hop in the shower. I've been using a pre-shave face scrub from Neutrogena. I've really grown to like a lot of Neutrogena's products over the years. They have a great naturals selection and a wide variety of skin care products that have worked really well for me. I like to face lather with a brush that's damp, and I've been using RazoRock's Don Marco bergamot neroli shaving soap. I make two or three passes and usually avoid shaving against the grain because my skin isn't so fond of that (though the temptation remains). Afterwards I rinse with hot water, then cold water, and then I wait a few minutes before applying post-shave products. Call me unsophisticated or an American traditionalist, but lately I've been using the original Brut aftershave and post-shave balm, in that order.

So there you have it. Nice to have joined this forum and I wish you all many happy shaves to come.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to B&B, Eric. This is a great forum full of friendly, helpful shavers. You'll learn a lot here.

Welcome. I love Arizona. I went to college in Prescott and would love more than anything to be able to move back there. Enjoy your shaves!

It's a dry heat.

Welcome to B&B.

In August my wife and I were planning a trip to Chandler AZ to visit my son and his family. I called Discover Card, which is based in Phoenix, to tell them I would be traveling across the country. I told the agent that I was trading the heat and humidity of FL for the dry heat of AZ. She told me that I was going in the monsoon season which, she said, was humid. When I got there I discovered 40% humidity was considered humid; in FL that is considered one of the least humid days of the year!

Welcome to B&B Eric. Maybe your next foray will be to try straight razor shaving. Not as hard as you may think.

Mike

Top Bottom