What's new

Green Tea

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've been drinking matcha powder for a few years now. Can't say I feel any better or worse. But I'm sure it's gotta be doing something.
Plus I like the taste. I sometimes add a little honey though

Dr. Oz recommended it. He's a doctor after all.....

Legion

Staff member
Interesting. I would be interested in alternative techniques. I honestly know very little about tea.

Just choose the right pot.

The one on the right has a sort of wire mesh around the inside to keep the tea in when you pour. You just throw the tea in there and pour the water on top. The one on the left has a little basket for the leaves in the top opening. The one in the middle is old, you just use an old fashioned tea strainer over the cup when you pour to catch them.

All will let the tea leaves unfurl and mingle happily in the water.

They are all are Japanese. Show your tea lady and she will be able to hook you up. She looks nice, by the way.

proxy.php

Last edited:
These work great for a wide variety of teas, and have the added benefit of not having to be bought at Teavana.

http://www.amazon.com/Teaze-Tea-Infuser-Over-Cup/dp/B0053YPXAA

They're very good for oolongs, some of which need a lot of room to unfurl.

Just choose the right pot.

The one on the right has a sort of wire mesh around the inside to keep the tea in when you pour. You just throw the tea in there and pour the water on top. The one on the left has a little basket for the leaves in the top opening. The one in the middle is old, you just use an old fashioned tea strainer over the cup when you pour to catch them.

All will let the tea leaves unfurl and mingle happily in the water.

They are all are Japanese. Show your tea lady and she will be able to hook you up. She looks nice, by the way.

proxy.php

I appreciate the tips very much. Those pots look beautiful.

I'm a coffee drinker but like tea when I cook Oriental. Found some green jasmine tea at the local Vietnamese grocery. Brand name is Fujian and comes in a mylar pouch inside a green tin. Heavy on the jasmine.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Tony would love Doc4's post on "this is the tiniest teapot I ever saw".

Top Bottom