What's new

Green Cult Steel Razor

Had the first shave with the L plate, I think it"s the abbreviation for Leck mich am Arsch... What a damn close shave. It was not unpleasant, less blade feel than the original head but man was that efficient. BBS after two passes, never had this before.
So, is the L plate shave closer than the Original?

I like the razor with the original plate very much, no need for another plate for me.

Yes, the L is even closer, but with less blade feel, the M is what comes next to the Original version and S is a little bit smoother, but will give you a decent BBS with the right blade.

Yes, the L is even closer, but with less blade feel, the M is what comes next to the Original version and S is a little bit smoother, but will give you a decent BBS with the right blade.
You say L is even closer but with less blade feel. Does that mean they reduced the exposure, but increased the gap, compared to the Original?

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Exactly, the exposure was reduced and the gap was increased. The flat field in the middle of the top cap was widened so the angle of the blade became steeper so there is less exposure.
Very interesting info, thank you.

16537369806137911726796952336517.jpg

O left, M right

Well, let’s see what kind of price they can come in with and if they ever get the short handle that was promised months ago. I have kept quiet for some time, but this now has my interest. It’s probably too much like my Timeless now, but I seriously consider it next year when they finally get around to the handle. :001_tt2:

Just got the Greencult razor (Original). Very well-made machining, high tolerances.
As mentioned (and I wish I got to read this thread earlier), despite the words "green", "eco friendly" and marketing towards the beginners, this is a solid razor for hobbyists and veterans alike. Blade-forward but controlled (no chatter), and highly efficient. Somehow reminds of Yates on steroids. Aggression between mid and high, akin to a Rocca, Game Changer 84, Dart (less so maybe) and similar razors.

photo_2022-06-24_15-19-39.jpg

Excellent value and an easy recommendation for an effective and mid to high aggressive razor, but a bit too much for me (I'm a 921-M user which has neutral exposure).

This razor has been in my den for about 4 months now.
It really hit me with its mid aggressivness haha. I was ready for a rather mild shave after I was dabbling in super smooth bladeclamped razors like the BR-1 and the ERA (keep in mind those are the only great bladeclamped razors I got my hands on). I cut myself on the first few shaves as I was just "brushing" over everything, just as I did with BR-1. As usual the cuts healed and I got the hang of it. It is my goto razor for 4 days of growth and if I'm not willing to spend the extra time getting my lather just right.
The only razor in my den I can compare this aggressivness to is my Futur.

For its "intended" use, I can say it does the job very well from what I heard from my so and from personal experience. I'm super excited about the new baseplates.
It is a very well made razor for an exceptional price. Not an everyday shaver for me, rather a "from 48h onwards" kinda razor. Nontheless amazing razor, would highly recommend for the shavers with a bit of experience under their belt.

This razor has been in my den for about 4 months now.
It really hit me with its mid aggressivness haha. I was ready for a rather mild shave after I was dabbling in super smooth bladeclamped razors like the BR-1 and the ERA (keep in mind those are the only great bladeclamped razors I got my hands on). I cut myself on the first few shaves as I was just "brushing" over everything, just as I did with BR-1. As usual the cuts healed and I got the hang of it. It is my goto razor for 4 days of growth and if I'm not willing to spend the extra time getting my lather just right.
The only razor in my den I can compare this aggressivness to is my Futur.

For its "intended" use, I can say it does the job very well from what I heard from my so and from personal experience. I'm super excited about the new baseplates.
It is a very well made razor for an exceptional price. Not an everyday shaver for me, rather a "from 48h onwards" kinda razor. Nontheless amazing razor, would highly recommend for the shavers with a bit of experience under their belt.
Which plates do you have on the BR-1 and Era?
Do the razors feel similar?
How do they compare overall?

Please do a comparison of them in a dedicated thread!

Which plates do you have on the BR-1 and Era?
I had the 0.99 and 0.86 on loan. I can't do a proper comparison anymore because the shaves as well as the razor are long gone. I have my notes about the shaves though - sadly those will not bring any fruitful comparison as I was just amazed by the shave with the BR-1 and gave it the best rating at the time. All I can say is the BR-1 clearly wins the battle.

Talking about the ERA, I still have SB 4 in my den.
Do the razors feel similar?
Well.. comparing the Greencult Razor to BR-1 & ERA I can definitely say the feeling is similar because they are all made of stainless steel. Coming from that angle, the BR-1 is the best feeling to me, second comes the Greencult Razor and third is the ERA because of the 3D printed nature.
Facefeel while shaving, I prefer the BR-1 to the ERA as they are both pretty mild. BR-1 was the mildest facefeel to me but most efficient (don't ask me how I got more efficient shaves with a milder razor, I can still not wrap my head around that).
The Grenncult razor is efficient as well but direct in a way that makes me reconsider my choice every time I pick it up and think about shaving after 1 day of growth.

If I could only own 1 razor out of those 3 I'd definitely go for the BR-1. I was amazed by the feeling of this superb swiss made razor.
Please do a comparison of them in a dedicated thread!
That would be a dream, to have a comparison thread with voting and everything. I envisioned something like this some time ago but the amount of hours going into something like that - just the backend, with hundreds if not thousands of razors to choose from, all the individual settings, bladegap, facefeel etc. at first and then making a voting system that is detailed enough to rule out the "well on this day it felt better than the other day", furthermore getting hundreds/thousands of people to vote to actually have something to work with in detail to have something like a consensus tierlist to choose from like "mildest DE razor made in 2021 with a bladegap similar to a Merkur Futur on Setting 3"- is simply too high. The plan behind this would require some pretty skilled people and many collectors as most DE razors are not owned by the majority (how many people still around today used a FAMEX DE Razor on a daily basis?) Maybe needs crowd funding as well.
I do not see myself capable of realizing something like that.

Talking specifically about those 3 Razors the data I have is too insigificant. To get the same amount of shaves in with the Greencult (the BR-1 beeing the benchmark) the test would go on for 28 days straight with no pause. At this point in time that is not possible.

Iridian

Cool and slimy
(...) I cut myself on the first few shaves (...)
I know what you mean, I thought it is a mild "Lady Shave" and ran it over my chin... haha.

I like it very much. I also love the handle, my pet peeve is that I would rather have it without coating. And a stand. Many people asked for a shorter handle, I would like another style of handle, maybe not spiraled but knurled. A razor stand is something I like, too.

Not sure about the new plates, many plates usually confuse me and then I go for the most aggressive plate.

I noticed when I like a razor, I can take the most aggressive plate. Usually it is just lowering/raising the gap, but this one apparently also changed the angle and cap a bit... hmmm.
When a razor doesn't work for me, playing around with the plates usually doesn't change the geometry enough to work out for me.

Maybe they come up with a creative razor stand. Doesn't have to be stainless steel. Stainless steel stands tend to be low volume sellers and fairly expensive etc. etc....

I just love that the handle is long and strong... but still would love extra knurling. The head was very fine as it was, actually. For me. Some just love it milder.

Reactions: Kix

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
I had the 0.99 and 0.86 on loan. I can't do a proper comparison anymore because the shaves as well as the razor are long gone. I have my notes about the shaves though - sadly those will not bring any fruitful comparison as I was just amazed by the shave with the BR-1 and gave it the best rating at the time. All I can say is the BR-1 clearly wins the battle.

Talking about the ERA, I still have SB 4 in my den.

Well.. comparing the Greencult Razor to BR-1 & ERA I can definitely say the feeling is similar because they are all made of stainless steel. Coming from that angle, the BR-1 is the best feeling to me, second comes the Greencult Razor and third is the ERA because of the 3D printed nature.
Facefeel while shaving, I prefer the BR-1 to the ERA as they are both pretty mild. BR-1 was the mildest facefeel to me but most efficient (don't ask me how I got more efficient shaves with a milder razor, I can still not wrap my head around that).
The Grenncult razor is efficient as well but direct in a way that makes me reconsider my choice every time I pick it up and think about shaving after 1 day of growth.

If I could only own 1 razor out of those 3 I'd definitely go for the BR-1. I was amazed by the feeling of this superb swiss made razor.

That would be a dream, to have a comparison thread with voting and everything. I envisioned something like this some time ago but the amount of hours going into something like that - just the backend, with hundreds if not thousands of razors to choose from, all the individual settings, bladegap, facefeel etc. at first and then making a voting system that is detailed enough to rule out the "well on this day it felt better than the other day", furthermore getting hundreds/thousands of people to vote to actually have something to work with in detail to have something like a consensus tierlist to choose from like "mildest DE razor made in 2021 with a bladegap similar to a Merkur Futur on Setting 3"- is simply too high. The plan behind this would require some pretty skilled people and many collectors as most DE razors are not owned by the majority (how many people still around today used a FAMEX DE Razor on a daily basis?) Maybe needs crowd funding as well.
I do not see myself capable of realizing something like that.

Talking specifically about those 3 Razors the data I have is too insigificant. To get the same amount of shaves in with the Greencult (the BR-1 beeing the benchmark) the test would go on for 28 days straight with no pause. At this point in time that is not possible.
What is the BR-1? What does the acronym stand for?

Top Bottom