What's new

GRANT STONE BOOTS ??

Anyone try the non chrome Xcel vegetable tanned Grant Stone boots ? .... I watched the guy on youtube saw them in half and evaluate them , looks pretty good but I'm leery of PRC shoes ... The chrome Xcel leathers look nice , but I enjoy working a good shine up with creams, polishes and wax ...
Screenshot 2023-11-12 104436.jpg

johnniegold

"Got Shoes?"
I’ve perused their website many times but never pulled the trigger on any of their offerings.

Overall, they seem to get decent reviews.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Hard pass buying new given their country of origin when similar goods at similar prices can be sourced from Spain, Mexico and Portugal.
Yes, made in China??? No way for me. There are great shoes made still here in the US or Canada.

Last edited:
These are made locally, in Winnipeg MB Canada. Once of these days, I'm going to make it down to check out their "seconds".

The Grants look nice, but given the "Made in China" aspect and the fact they have 100 different styles of mens boots alone, tells me they are not taking the care and attention to detail I would expect from a $400usd boot.

They're sweatshop made with a handmade small shop pricetag.

Last edited:
These are made locally, in Winnipeg MB Canada. Once of these days, I'm going to make it down to check out their "seconds".

The Grants look nice, but given the "Made in China" aspect and the fact they have 100 different styles of mens boots alone, tells me they are not taking the care and attention to detail I would expect from a $400usd boot.

They're sweatshop made with a handmade small shop pricetag.
These Canadian boots look very sturdy , but I was hoping for a little "dressier " boot ... My search continues !

3 solid choices in the easily sub 300USD space. All made in Spain, Mexico, Portugal, Columbia or USA ( THursday Vanguards@ 265USD)

Thursday boots:

Becket Simonon

Jack Erwin:

3 solid choices in the easily sub 300USD space. All made in Spain, Mexico, Portugal, Columbia or USA ( THursday Vanguards@ 265USD)

Thursday boots:

Becket Simonon

Jack Erwin:
Thanks for the links dojpros .... I have been to all 3 sites .... The Simonon boots look the best, I've read about them here: An Honest Review of Beckett Simonon Shoes - https://hespokestyle.com/beckett-simonon-review/

Top Bottom