What's new

Grah and Plumacher Blue Diamond

I’m soon to be purchasing this razor. Just looking for info on the company, when it was made etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s not, it’s a private sale [emoji4] looks great though!

I'm the resident Blue Diamond lover on the forums. I personally own a Grahm and Plumacher Blue Diamond, SR Droescher Blue Diamond, Otto Stamm Sonne Blue Diamond and a Blue Diamond Solingen the only one I don't own is a Weber-Butz. The most produced of the four types I've found are the SR Droescher model, which is one of the finest Solingen produced blades out there(YMMV). The second most produced was the Grahm and Plumacher(as far as i can tell) which you own. What sets it apart from the other BD razors is that its scales are not the same cracked ice material as the others, but some sort of resin which is a darker shade of yellow than the others. I believe that The Grahm and Plumacher took over the Blue Diamond trademark after SR Droescher went bust in 1924. Then again, there is some information out there that may lead some in the direction that Grahm and Plumacher were the original producers for SR Droescher and that they just took over the name once SR Droesher went out. NOW, what you need to know about the razor that you purchased is that it was produced in the mid 1920's, so it's nearly 100 years old. It has excellent steel, as this razor holds a fantastic edge. There is little available in the way of direct information on the company, but I can say that the company was producing razors and other cutlery from 1922-1925 and then again from 1939-1983. The Gotta brand was produced after WW2, but there is little evidence that the blue diamond was produced again except when the name was reused in the 1940s-50's. Interestingly, the Blue Diamond logoed scales can be found on many razors as replacements. In my searches for these razors, I've come across a bunch of razors like W&B, Red Imp's, Bismarck's, ect. which are all clothed in these scales.
Unfortunately there is little more evidence on the company, I assume most of the info on the company was lost in the war or more likely to time. All that is left are these excellent razors. I hope yours is in great condition! I do hope you will post some photos of it when you can.
I hope this kinda answers your question...
Here is a photo of one of the absolute best shaving razors in my den!
proxy.php

Thanks for all that info, much appreciated! I can’t wait to use it!

proxy.php

CB207B65-3768-4DA6-8217-7B603BA032E5.jpeg
I had to break our my SR Droescher version to celebrate your new acquisition! Please share a photo or two when it arrives! I’d really like to know how you like the shaves from your model.
Matt

Still hasn’t arrived as the sender isn’t very well, soon hopefully!

Top Bottom