What's new

Got this Aristocrat on eBay: What Do You Think ?

Hello guys,

I’d like to get your opinion guys since I am not very well experienced yet in buying vintage razors.

I won out this eBay auction for what seems to me like a 60s Gillette Aristocrat (or Slim plated gold ?): http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220507850883&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The pictures were blurry though so I took a risk by bidding on this, but myself and other bidders asked questions to the seller and she said that the razor had no plating loss, scrubbing, pitting or significant scratches (you need a magnifying glass to see very small scratches on the silo doors). The way she describes the razor would probably qualify as being in Excellent condition according to B&B grading criteria.

I’ll certainly provide pictures once I get it but what do you think ? I had a hard time finding price benchmarks for such a razor so I’m wondering if at 47$ I paid a fair price or not.

Looks good to me. Be sure to check the blade gaps are even before use, but it looks like a very nice razor. I've no idea on the price if these, but that does seem fair.

That's a good price for that razor in that condition. I bought one maybe 6 months ago with no lacquer or plate loss for $58.00. You did well.

Len

From the fuzzy photos, it looks just like my Aristocrat G3 Adjustable. You got it for a good price, especially if it's in as good condition as described.

Fuzzy pics on bay items always make me nervous! Very cool razor, I hope it all turns out well!!

cc

Top Bottom