What's new

What do you guys think? Should I marry her?

Hey guys! Just turned 26 today and my girlfriend knows i'm into straight razor shaving. I've been using a gold dollar for the past 3 months of my straight razor shaving experience. Today she gave me this gift and I think it's amazing! Very happy! Can't wait to get some shaves in with this bad boy. Happy thursday everybody.
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-19 at 10.16.58 PM.jpeg

Marriage advice, wrong forum.
Now I got married at 30, now 66. We have 4 super young adults now. We enjoy every moment and somehow we always enhance each other.
So whatever you decide, I think you know and don't need to ask. Best of Luck, Dovo look nice but It is you and her that that matter...
BFX
Cheers...

Shave that beard off...

My wife never bought me a razor, but she doesn't give me too much grief over the ones I buy, so I call that a draw.
My wife bought me a razor for Christmas. It doesn't shave that well, but I kind of expected that. I did ask for it very specifically. I wanted to answer the question: why don't they use blue steel for razors? I figured the answer was because it doesn't give a comfortable edge, since it gives such a wonderfully nasty biting edge in the kitchen. And, sure enough, that turned out to be true. Of course I did not mention that to her.

I regret nothing.

My wife bought me a razor for Christmas. It doesn't shave that well, but I kind of expected that. I did ask for it very specifically. I wanted to answer the question: why don't they use blue steel for razors? I figured the answer was because it doesn't give a comfortable edge, since it gives such a wonderfully nasty biting edge in the kitchen. And, sure enough, that turned out to be true. Of course I did not mention that to her.

I regret nothing.
A blue steel razor sounds very cool to be fair.

As I've said here on B&B before, I committed to one woman and juggle many razors, while my father committed to one razor and juggled several women -- my hobby ended up being more conducive to financial stability than his. I wouldn't presume to provide marriage advice, but I will posit a question for contemplation: is her expectation that you will only shave with the Dovo and forsake all others, or is she open to you dating other razors?

As I've said here on B&B before, I committed to one woman and juggle many razors, while my father committed to one razor and juggled several women -- my hobby ended up being more conducive to financial stability than his. I wouldn't presume to provide marriage advice, but I will posit a question for contemplation: is her expectation that you will only shave with the Dovo and forsake all others, or is she open to you dating other razors?
I found this very funny but at the same time true, so I asked her… she said as long as we are committed to each other I should have as many razors as I want… that’s a win in my book. Cheers!

I know your question is a bit tongue in cheek, but some questions are such that the mere fact they are asked means the answer is NO. Examples: Should I marry X? Should I get a dog? Should I join the military?

If you have to ask someone else then you are not ready for that much commitment. That said, your GF's gift suggests that she is thoughtful and generous. Those are good signs. Give it time.

Top Bottom