What's new

Got a new carry rig today

My new holster from shtf gear arrived today for my 3" GP, and possibly my 2.75" Speed Six. Very impressed thus far.

Tagging this thread.

I didn't think anyone made IWB holsters for the Security Six, Service Six or Speed Six. May just have to pick one up for my 2 3/4" Security Six.

Keep us updated. I'd love to see how you're doing with it after a couple months.

Thanks!

Nice.

My favorite IWB holsters of this style is Old Faithful. These style holsters take a bit of break in, but are super comfy and stay put.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
@OP, I am curious if the cylinder hurts your hip riding that far forward? I am used to carrying a pistol further back towards the hip pocket on IWB's. Have never considered carrying a revolver IWB, but if that is working for you, I might just pick one up for my Ruger SP101.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Looks like that might be as comfortable as the Crossbreed I have for my 1911.

@OP, I am curious if the cylinder hurts your hip riding that far forward? I am used to carrying a pistol further back towards the hip pocket on IWB's. Have never considered carrying a revolver IWB, but if that is working for you, I might just pick one up for my Ruger SP101.

That's what I was thinking also Rob, besides printing a bit more in that location...unless he just put it there for the photo. I carry both pistols and revolvers IWB in the place that you mentioned...about 4 or 5 o'clock.

Last edited:

I carry all my pistols in this position, and it doesn't hurt one bit. Any further back and it would impede with me drawing from a seated position, and would also be hella uncomfortable as the gun would be between my back and the seat.

I carry all my pistols in this position, and it doesn't hurt one bit. Any further back and it would impede with me drawing from a seated position, and would also be hella uncomfortable as the gun would be between my back and the seat.

Interesting. I've never really tried IWB holsters as I figured they would be too uncomfortable, but I think I could live with one of those for my SP101. I agree on the rear positioning - I'm sure it hides better back there but I don't know how I'd sit down with it back very far. That said I do tend to take a weapon out while driving and put somewhere quickly accessible.

Top Bottom