What's new

Good price for Personna blades? (American)

I have just seen a pack of 260 personna blades for the equivilent of 7 pence (approx 13 cents) each. This sounds like a right bargain to me... I just have never used them before, and don't want to miss out on a good deal. I currently use Swede Gillettes...are they anywhere even close?

EDIT: I just found the review....not exactly glowing. I think i'll stick to derbys at almost the same price.

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of the IP's. I like Derbys much better but your Swedish G's are easily the best of the bunch IMO

EDIT: I just found the review....not exactly glowing. I think i'll stick to derbys at almost the same price.
Try a single pack before you write them off. I use them all the time and they work fine for me. At $1.50 a pack, I'll keep using 'em.

I shave every day with the PX brand razor, made by The American Safety Razor Company, same company that makes American Personnas. I can shave baby butt smooth with two passes and some blade buffing around my trouble spots.

Jimro

Hi GSE... Do your friends call you G?:smile: At anyrate, reviews as opinions are like anal orifi.. Everyone's entitled to one and most often they are for ... Eh.. Well, the sagest of advice you have already received and that is try a pack before you forswear.. Blades are probably about as personal a choice as you can find. I have just finished a week with a corked American Safety Razor Chrome Steel, Personna by another name?, and really found it to be a decent blade, especially when corked. I had paired it with a Merkur 1904 safety bar model and enjoyed both. Hope you find them satisfactory. BTW, I pay approx 15 cents per blade in packs of 10.

The Personnas have shaved me smooth and irritation free for a couple years now. I just never bothered with ordering any other blade online when I can get them at the local drug store. Besides, the rest of my money went for badger brushes.

Top Bottom