What's new

Good Pocket Flashlight

I'll admit when Jay first brought up flashlights, I thought he was off his rocker. I mean, flashlights, how cool can they be? So a few days ago, my Fenix L1D arrives, now I've already ordered a LOD and have a L2T on the way as well and I'm really fighting the urge to hold off purchasing a NiteCore D10. :redface:

Indeed. The other day I was out to dinner with my kids, and my youngest kicked his shoe under the car. As I scrambled in the pouring rain and pitch black to find the stupid thing, I was infuriated to find that I left my Fenix at home. Time to pick up a few more....

Thanks for the vendor recommendations guys. This is not good!:closedeye I also tend have a flashlight fetish. It is a good thing that I have to use them at work.

Take Care,
Richard

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Indeed. The other day I was out to dinner with my kids, and my youngest kicked his shoe under the car. As I scrambled in the pouring rain and pitch black to find the stupid thing, I was infuriated to find that I left my Fenix at home. Time to pick up a few more....

You didn't have your flashlight with you? How did you read the menu in the restaurant? (You'll understand what I'm talking about in three days, when you instantly lose your ability to read printed material.)

I shy away from multi-level output lights- they're too efficient. I like single output torches- they force me to carry more than one at a time. :wink2:

You can't believe the amount of crap I took from my wife when she realized that the torches were starting to pile up. That didn't stop her from swiping one of my Nuwai Q3's and a Fenix L1+. ....

My Wife must be more conditioned, or perhaps her resolve has been weakened by years of my preaching Scout preparedness. She normally has at least 3 lights with her most of the time. And she is always up for an upgrade :smile: Sure makes it easier to pitch a purchase. In fact, I'm looking to replace her CMG Infinity right now. I just spend too much time selling myself on a new purchase.

You didn't have your flashlight with you? How did you read the menu in the restaurant? (You'll understand what I'm talking about in three days, when you instantly lose your ability to read printed material.)

I shy away from multi-level output lights- they're too efficient. I like single output torches- they force me to carry more than one at a time. :wink2:

My thought is how can you not have a flashlight with you? :smile: You got your keys? Check - That's one light. Pocket light is one of the first three things that go into your pockets - That's two lights. The light in the console/glovebox - That's three lights. :biggrin:

To me, they really are about the same, I don't know why I picked it. Just a whim, I guess.

But to be honest, I'm not really that happy with it. I'm not a fan of the twist switch and while the light that comes from it is amazing, I think I'd just assume stick with my L1D. But regardless, it just looks so dang cool and seeing that much light comes out of something the size of Chapstick is amazing.

But regardless, it just looks so dang cool and seeing that much light comes out of something the size of Chapstick is amazing.

Yeah, the size is what gets me. Stick it somewhere you may one day need a light, and just forget about it... until you need it. With that size, you can always have it on you (or wherever you need it). If someday a need should ever arise, you probably won't care so much about the switch :biggrin:

Cheers.

J

I'm really amazed with the Fenix L0D now, I was playing around with it last night and after about 5 minutes the light started to severely die down almost shutting off. So I switched the battery, not realizing I put a dead one in the light. It was night and day, no pun intended. It was easily 2 to 3 times as bright with a battery a new battery. I am now astounded at the amount of light coming from such a small package. :eek:

I'm really amazed with the Fenix L0D now, I was playing around with it last night and after about 5 minutes the light started to severely die down almost shutting off. So I switched the battery, not realizing I put a dead one in the light. It was night and day, no pun intended. It was easily 2 to 3 times as bright with a battery a new battery. I am now astounded at the amount of light coming from such a small package. :eek:

:biggrin:

If you end up not wanting it... :wink:

J

I really like the AA size lights as an EDC, the L1T, LD10, L1D, etc, but I really want a pocket clip to easier carry. Does anyone know how to rig one up? Or where to purchase one that will fit?

I just added a pocket clip for my Nitecore EX-10. :001_smile Maybe there are some options for the Fenix lights. My only Fenix AA light is a L2D, which I keep in my bag.

I have a little Eddie Bauer LED light that came with a little key chain knife (oh, I think they called it a multi-tool). Anyway, both of them cost about $10. The light has been very handy. Naturally, it is used for quick stuff like trying to find they keyhole or to search under a piece of furniture when I drop something.

If you want to spend more cash the Inova X1 is a very nice little light.

I've been carried my L1D in my pocket but I put it in the sheath and then put the whole thing in my pocket. I'm afraid of scratching up or breaking the lens is this something I need to be worried about? Or is the light fine in my pocket without any other protection. (Usually all that's in that pocket is my cell phone and a slim wallet. I keep my keys and my knife on the other side.)

Last edited:
I've been using a Nitecore EX10 as my EDC light for a few months now. Small, bright, multiple levels, reasonable price. Planning to give it to my wife and pick up the new Ra Clicky. Before the Nitecore my EDC was a Surefire E1L.

Dam you people :mad3:

I just ordered a Nitecore EX10 :w00t:

Last edited:
I've been carried my L1D in my pocket but I put it in the sheath and then put the whole thing in my pocket. I'm afraid of scratching up or breaking the lens is this something I need to be worried about? Or is the light fine in my pocket without any other protection. (Usually all that's in that pocket is my cell phone and a slim wallet. I keep my keys and my knife on the other side.)

Anybody?

Top Bottom