What's new

Good choice for a Gem/Ever Ready SE 1st Timer

I took the Christmas season off from even shopping around. Then the itch hit me, and as of last week, I needed to try SE. So now I have an I1 Injector (USPS says its delivered...its not) and the Damaskeene coming. The good thing about the SEs are the prices are reasonable, even on EBay.

As far as being judged by anyone, I typically get home first so I can snag the mail. It is why I am particularly unhappy the injector did not arrive today like the delivery confirmation said. Saturday delivery makes sneaking another razor into the house much more difficult.

If SWMBO is the issue just remember it's easier to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.

Thankfully, she loves the wetshaving hobby; especially when she sees how happy I am to get new stuff :thumbup: but I'm more trying to prove to myself that I can hold off purchases for a long period of time. Doing great so far!

Thankfully, she loves the wetshaving hobby; especially when she sees how happy I am to get new stuff :thumbup: but I'm more trying to prove to myself that I can hold off purchases for a long period of time. Doing great so far!

Good for you! I swore of purchasing anything this year except vintage soaps, Shulton Old Spice and certain blades. But that's all.

Hey - all of you SE fanatics, don't forget about the "group buy" on SE blades over in the "razor blade" sub-forum. This buy is for the "stainless steel / coated" versions.

DD

Matt S,

++1 on the 1912; however all the models of GEMs, Ever-Readys & Stars are lovely shavers :smile:

Have fun !

Best regards

Russ

Well my Damaskeene arrived today. Other than the strange fact that it only says "912" (the 1 appears to have never been stamped), it seems like a good buy. I also have a "bullseye" micromatic on the way, an open comb micromatic, and a regular 1912 ER in the mail somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't grab blades for the SE razors. I hadn't bought any as of Friday when I grabbed some injector blades at Wegmans.

I also have an I-type injector that was apparently delivered Friday, but has yet to appear in my mailbox. Hopefully the other three razors have no issues arriving at thier new home.

@Matt S Did you buy the Damaskeene that was linked in the thread? That thing looked beautiful. Almost pulled the trigger, but rent is coming up soon.

Well my Damaskeene arrived today. Other than the strange fact that it only says "912" (the 1 appears to have never been stamped), it seems like a good buy. I also have a "bullseye" micromatic on the way, an open comb micromatic, and a regular 1912 ER in the mail somewhere. Unfortunately I didn't grab blades for the SE razors. I hadn't bought any as of Friday when I grabbed some injector blades at Wegmans.

I also have an I-type injector that was apparently delivered Friday, but has yet to appear in my mailbox. Hopefully the other three razors have no issues arriving at thier new home.

That's awesome! Can we see pictures?

@Matt S Did you buy the Damaskeene that was linked in the thread? That thing looked beautiful. Almost pulled the trigger, but rent is coming up soon.

Yeah it was. The price seemed fair to me, so I pulled the trigger. The pictures were pretty spot on. Some staining type spots on the handle in the textured metal, but it has a good shine to it and seems OK mechanically. I am not sure what issues these can potentially have. The case has some electrical tape keeping it together in the back (I haven't removed it to see what the issue is), but for the money I didn't expect a perfect piece.

I can get some pics, maybe tomorrow night. About to sign off right now. 4 AM comes too soon.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Just got myself a damaskeene OC 1912 a while ago...yet to shave with it tho as my face is still recovering from a G type injector maiden voyage shave. I think my technique is still lacking for such an awesomely aggressive razor. Never had a shave so fooking close, but the razor burn reminded me of my first week of DE shaving.

Top Bottom