What's new

Gone but not forgotten 2023

Ok gentlemen, this is Ladydials. Every year Babydials did two year end posts. One was what shaving products you finished this year. Sadly, Babydials did not make it through the year, car accident. I can't ask him what he finished and if he would repurchase it. I do recall him finishing his Crown & Crane Thuringian Forest balm. He might have wanted to repurchase that. So gentlemen:

1. What if anything did you finish?
2. Is it still available?
3. Do you plan to repurchase it.

Best wishes for fast recovery for Sir babydials!
On my part, some great shaves this past year!
(Honestly, not sure if I finished anything!!)

2023 shaves.jpg

I finished five tubs of soap this year.

Barrister and Mann, Seville and Leviathan.
Chiseled Face, Midnight Stag.
House of Mammoth, Fu Dao.
Declaration Grooming/Noble Otter/House of Mammoth, Cerberus

I repurchased Cerberus and Leviathan. I will repurchase Fu Dao when it’s re-released next year.

impressive

Do samples count? That's probably cheating...

- 1 x HC&C Hidden Goddess
- 1 x Captain's Choice Italia

I have a lot of soaps, so finishing one takes forever. They usually go into a frankensoap when they're close to done. My current frankensoap is

- Pre de Provence original + Osma Rasage (Vive les savons français!)

Probably won't replace these right away since I have enough soaps already, but I recently got a couple of Signature Soaps and a Lauger of Sweden soap to try something a little different. Good stuff.

I did finish a Tuff Green (unscented) aftershave this year. A fine product from the former East Germany. Will soon finish a bottle of the companion Tuff Red (herbal) aftershave. I already have backups for both of these.

Last edited:
It was a fruitful year this 2023 year in 3017 ing my soaps and cream.

I finished off 2 pucks of Williams soap-tallow first ingredient and have replacements.
One stick of Arko finished and have replacements.
Wickham Super Smooth South Sea scent completed and have a spare tub.
Golddachs classic soap puck finished and have replacements.
Cella red tub finished and I got a Kilo Cella as a back up.
Super Max menthol cream done and I have a spare.
Williams mug soap and Wickham `Super Smooth` version isn`t available anymore.
Looking forward to finishing off other soaps and creams next year!

Last edited:
Arko stick

CBL Fresh Vetiver has about 2 shaves left in the tub.

I have plenty more arko sticks left.

Can’t get CBL fresh Vetiver. As they don’t make it with that scent anymore. But I have a few tubs of CBL with different scents in the den to use up.

Finished in 2023:

- Proraso Red croap (still available; not buying again)
- EJ Sandalwood soap (still available; not buying again, just because I have enough)
- Arko puck (still available; not buying again, just because I have enough)
- Catie's Bubbles, Le Marche du Rasage (still available; not buying again)
- RazoRock Gold Label puck (still available; not buying again)
- Cyril R. Salter small puck (still available; not buying again, just because I have enough)
- Tabac stick tallow (sorry folks, one of the best soaps, not available anymore)
- The Real Shaving Company Post Shave Soothing Balm (sorry folks, one of the best balms, not available anymore)

I may be forgetting something - this is what I recall finishing this year

Tallow Tabac - can't get any more, but I have replacements
Old AOS (Valobra) - can't get any more, but I have replacements
Palmolive stick - can't get any more, but I have replacements
MWF tallow - can't get any more, but I have replacements (I actually don't recall if I finished it late last year or early this year)
Proraso Red cream - still available, I have replaced it and am using it
I may have finished a Stirling, but right now I don't recall.

All of the above except MWF are in my current rotation, along with SV (a most excellent soap), Arko, and RR Santa Maria del Fiore (which I find to provide an excellent lather).

Finished my first jar of Tabac. Lasted for years as I didn’t use it but maybe once a week. Been wet shaving for 15 years and this is only the third tub of soap I’ve completely finished.

Bought additional tallow refills so I’m set for many more years I guess.

Top Bottom